#30 Solution Dil mein Hai!

Samrat buttons up his shirt and shuts his locker. Click. Farhan comes up behind him after he finishes locking it.

You are not changing? Samrat answers Farhan's unasked question with a quick reply. "Hum ghar ja rahe na... vaise the herbal tea didn't leave a stain. Garmi itni hai shirt sukh gaya..."

He chuckles and drops his official badges into his pocket with care.

Farhan sighs for a moment, pretending he didn't see what happened. What's he supposed to say? He can only hope Tanvi's words got through to Samrat. But what are Samrat's thoughts on the matter?

He doesn't ask. The two men drive home in Samrat's jeep.

***

The hour is late, the room dark. Farhan is curled up under the sheets on his bed, the AC set to 21 degrees. (Outside it's over forty-five even though it's past midnight, dang). With the quiet blanketing the room, Farhan assumes Samrat is asleep, but a moment later hears the guy's voice.

"That girl is so silly, Farhan! So idiotic..."

"That girl?" Farhan replies, cursing himself for feelings sleepy. Sleeping when he's supposed to help his friends is unacceptable. "That girl, you mean, Tanvi, Sam?"

"Who else?" Samrat mutters irritably

"Who else?" Samrat mutters irritably. "I don't want to speak more of this!"

"Huh? But tum ne hi toh shuru kia tha na?"

"Good night, Farhan!"

Samrat, who has been sitting on his bed, now lies on it and closes his eyes. Farhan abandons the topic with a sigh in lieu of getting some rest. Their personal problems can wait. To officers, only duties await!

***

That night after Tanvi reaches home she fully realises what she did! She kissed Sam. Her first kiss! It was bittersweet, chaste, one-sided like her love, but... Whoa...

Where did she get that courage? She totally acted on adrenaline and impulse. Perhaps it was the distress that she caused him injury or perhaps it's the courage of fauji, or perhaps it is the courage of a woman in love who has enough of her beau's nakhre. Isha and Sameera's faces pop in her mind.