#34.1 Thank you-s and Daydreams

The following day, early in the morning, Samrat makes his way towards Abhimanyu's cabin.

This time he knocks and lets himself inside. He speaks after taking a seat opposite Abhimanyu.

"I came here to thank you, Abhi. Tumhari advice ne mujhe courage diya hai. Motivate kiya hai. To accept all parts of my life. The existing one and the past. And to not let the past affect my present.... So thank you again, Abhi. Thanks bahut choti shabd hai."

Samrat stares at his hands for a long moment and finally looks up at Abhimanyu, who is smiling

"Maine kuchh khas kiya hi nahi nahin hai, Samrat. Lekin agar meri baaton ne tumhari life-course tay karne mein madad ki, toh iss mein mujhe bahut khushi hai. "

Touched by Abhimanyu's words, Samrat bows his head and chuckles. Needless to say, his feeling of respect and veneration towards Abhimanyu have only multiplied with time. It is a supreme level of adoration, admiration for a superior officer that sometimes renders a subordinate oddly bashful. Sometimes Samrat Singh Shekhawat urf Jahan urf Zahid isn't an exception. In such instances, he cannot meet Abhi's eyes. Like right now.

Another reason he cannot meet Abhi's eyes is because he uttered half-truth

Another reason he cannot meet Abhi's eyes is because he uttered half-truth. Abhimanyu gave him courage. But he has not confessed to Tanvi. He thought it was best for them to amend their ties as friends first. Or it could also be because he lacked the right words. But at least he is glad they are friends now.

Whatever he said to Tanvi, he said it in the heat of the moment. He was not thinking about what he was saying. He wanted to stop her from leaving, and he did. Or rather, it was all on her. Her considerate heart melted all too soon.

The smile she showed him when he brought her back to the others and declared their everlasting friendship. That was enough to fill his heart with euphoria. She looked genuinely happy to hear him say that. She was happy to be just friends? After she confessed? She's a weird one. Oh right, she never wanted him to reciprocate. She never assumed he would. But a confession from his side is due. How does he say it? Is he totally ready to take her relationship further?