#32.1 Decisions

After Samrat threatens her with the word court martial, Tanvi abandons her silly, bossy behaviour. It is not as if she has enough time to butt heads with him always. All this while too, she passed small jabs whenever she could. Those have ended now. And thank god Samrat wasn't serious enough to report her.

Everyone alongside her, including Samrat, is busy as hell as they wrap the last phase of the Shakti aircraft trials. As the weekend approaches, she's filled with bittersweet feelings. Her transfer has been approved and this Monday, she can leave the airbase. From Rajasthan to Maharashtra. She is leaving behind Kota for Pune.

She will miss all her dear friends and Samrat but the positive side — the weather may not be too hot in Pune

She will miss all her dear friends and Samrat but the positive side — the weather may not be too hot in Pune. Yep, you got to see the positive sides, Tanvi.

Tanvi encourages herself on her last day of work. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Well, the work is not over for the rest of the officers working on the Shakti project. Harjot ma'am will return and everyone has to summarise things for her once again. Also, maybe hold an official trial for her.

Tanvi is glad she did her part in the project. She just entered the latest results of various technical tests performed during the trials in Harjot's desktop, all by herself again. Samrat didn't ask her to do it alone, but she volunteered and he agreed.

The long hours she was at work inside Harjot's cabin, he was there with her, but unlike the last time, he gave her space, often stepping out

The long hours she was at work inside Harjot's cabin, he was there with her, but unlike the last time, he gave her space, often stepping out. No words were exchanged between them except for official greetings or things needed to be said. Then they went to sector 53.

This is the end? This is how we are parting? Maybe once I leave, I can get on a video call with him and we can call it quits peacefully. Immersed in her thoughts, that night, Tanvi has trouble sleeping. The morning after will come, soon she has to depart.

***

Saturday night, at late hours, Wing Commander Abhimanyu Adhikari is still working. Normally, whoever enters his cabin knocks, but someone opens his cabin door with a rattle and barges inside.

"Samrat?"