Time And Again (part 4)

[Ruined plaza]

Tuvok led B'Elanna and Harry into the area where Chakotay and Kes were already standing.

"What is it?", Chakotay asked.

„It's as though I can sense the people who were here.", Kes stated.

„I know. It's like walking through a graveyard.", Chakotay agreed.

„No, it's more than that. I almost feel as if I could touch the people who were here.", Kes said.

„What have you found?", Chakotay asked Tuvok.

„The scanners are not showing any subspace fractures in the area now.", he answered.

„That probably indicates the subspace damage is beginning to dissipate. If that's true, it's going to be harder to locate Thalia and the Captain.", B'Elanna said. She had subconsciously used Thalias first name, which didn't go unnoticed by Chakotay.

„Commander, I'm picking up a signal from a comm badge.", Harry suddenly stated.

„The subspace beacon?", Chakotay asked.

„No, it's not on subspace. It's here, now. Kim to Janeway. Kim to Zat.", Harry said into his own comm badge.

„Can we locate the source of the signal?", Chakotay asked.

„Yes, sir. This way.", Harry said.

[Room]

Kathryn and Thalia were standing in front of Makull's desk, when Thalia was made to sit on the steps. She was reluctant to move at first but with a nod from Kathryn she gave in.

„What's your name?", Makull asked Kathryn.

„Janeway.", she answered.

„Unusual name.", Makull stated.

„Not where I'm from.", Kathryn replied.

„What part of Kalto province was that again?", Makull asked.

„I don't see any point in this.", Kathryn said.

„There is a point, a very important one. It has to do with our schedule, and whether we can keep it or not. Can we?", Makull asked.

„I don't know.", Kathryn answered.

„Do they know our plan?", Makull wanted to know.

„I have no idea.", Kathryn said.

The young boy was carried in, struggling.

„Let me go!", he exclaimed.

„Look what I caught sneaking around outside.", Terla stated.

[Ruined room]

Tuvok led the away team down the stairs.

„I'm still not showing any lifesigns.", he said.

[Room]

„The boy has nothing to do with any of this.", Kathryn stated.

„Is he yours?", Makull asked.

„No, he's just somebody we met here.", Kathryn said.

„Don't trust them. They aren't who they say they are.", the boy stated.

„Really?", Makull asked.

„Thanks, kid.", Thalia said. She wasn't particularly in a good mood. She disliked the situation they were in and the feeling of nausea that didn't seem to go away didn't help.