Tilly

As soon as Mary reached the Slytherin common room, she pulled out her writing supplies and an empty piece of parchment. She dipped her quill in the ink and begun writing the letter.

Dear Prince,

I am still breathing, thank you for asking. I have managed to crawl my way out of that pile of books.

I assume that you don't have a favourite holiday if you dislike feasts and parties.

I am not a big fan of parties and such either, but I do like Christmas and Hallowe'en. There is something nostalgic about them.

I must admit that I am quite jealous of your ability manage your studies so well. Sometimes I wonder if should pay more attention to my time management.

As for your question, I beg of you to not laugh: My favourite book is Void. It is a romance/tragedy novel written by A. H. Herrington. What is your favourite book?

I hope you are well.

Kind regards,

Tilly.

After Mary was satisfied with the letter, she collected her thing off the table and half ran out of the common room.

"Where are you going with such rush?"

Mary had nearly knocked out Clary with the door while hurrying out of the room. Blushing, Mary hid the letter behind her back. "Sorry", she mumbled.

"It's okay. But you didn't answer my question. Where are you going? It's nearly bedtime", Clary inquired. Before Mary managed to answer, Clary noticed that Mary was hiding something behind her back. She didn't need to see what Mary was hiding to deduce where she was going.

"Ah, you're going to the owlery, aren't you?", Clary smirked and eyed Mary's right hand, "well, just make sure you're back before bedtime. I don't want to see what Snape would do to you if he heard you are wandering in the corridors past bedtime".

Mary nodded in understanding and continued her journey towards the owlery.

****

It was now Friday, and Mary was mentally preparing herself to go to the dungeons for the whole afternoon. This was the first time she would go there after her troubles with Potions Master. Even though every inch of Mary's body screamed her not to go, she knew it would only make things worse. Snape himself had said that he would no longer tolerate Mary skipping his classes.

As Mary and Clary reached door of Professor Snape's classroom, Clary stopped and turned to face Mary.

"You ready?" She whispered.

Mary, who was too scared to speak, nodded.

"Okay", Clary sighed and pushed the door open.

Immediately, Mary eyes met with Snape's. A gleeful sparkle lingered in the corner of those onyx eyes.

"Miss Montgomery, I see you have decided to bless us with your company. Finally", Professor Snape's lips formed a nasty grin.

Before the lesson, Mary had decided to not speak with Snape. The last few times when they had interacted with each other had ended tragically, and Mary most certainly did not want that to happen again.

Mary ignored Snape's attempts to provoke her and took her seat next to Clary.

"It is rude to ignore your teacher, Miss Montgomery", Professor Snape continued pushing.

Mary sighed and lifted her gaze from her desk.

"I'm sorry, Professor. Indeed, I have"

Snape pursed his lips but didn't say anything.