CHAPTER 20

'Falice's eyes shot open, her body was trembling and her breathing was fast. She looked around and noticed that she still in bed. She looked down into her hands which were still shaking, only a moment later did she feel the cold wind enter her room. Sending chills throughout her entire body as it touched her skin. She slowly brought her hands closer to her chest, her breathing had become slower. Everything was dark around her, except for the singular candle that was on her nightstand. One she didn't remember lighting. Falice got out of bed, feeling the coldness of the floor when her bare feet touched it. She took the candle, the flame was still strong, making seem that it hadn't been long when the candle was first lit. A faint humming could be heard coming from the kitchen, she gulped. Who was up at this time-?, despite that, Falice made her way towards it. Existing her room and making her way to the kitchen. When Falice did, she saw her mother  chopping something as she hummed and unfamiliar tune. "Mom?" Falice said quietly, but her mother didn't hear her calling. Instead continuing to hum as she chopped what on the board. "Mom?" She called again, but still no answer. There was silence and it left an uneasy feeling inside her, was everything always so loud?

"Falice, what are you doing up so late?" Her mother spoke causing her to snap out of her loud thoughts. She looked at her mother, who's back was facing her. Her heart was racing. "I- I couldn't sleep.." Falice replied softly, it was close to a whisper but due to the silence, all was heard. "Do you perhaps want something to help you sleep?" Her mother asked, setting down the knife she was holding and faced falice. Her face was blurry, it had her tense in shock and fear when she saw something stood behind her mother. A Tall black creature, it's limps were uneven and it seemed it was all sewn together as well. It's teeth were sharp and pointed, it had no eyes. But it kept staring at her, making her even more afraid. "What's wrong Falice?" Her mothers voice was distorted and Falice was shaking visibly. "Why won't you tell me what's wrong dear?" Her mother came closer and she backed away, the creature was copying her mother- perhaps even controlling her.

Falice took another step when her mother took another one forward towards her. Her eyes were beginning to water and her lips quivered. "You- You aren't my mother-!" Falice spat out, her voice filled with fear as she stopped in her tracks. "!-Fa-i/e A# I b?t (But I am Falice!)" Her voice now fully distorted and her mother stopped as well. The two stared at each other before the creature pounced, Falice dropped the candle- it immediately estingushing itself once it hit the ground. She ran to her room and closed the door with a loud bang.

The creatures banged against the door and Falice could feel her tears falling down her cheeks. She was still shaking- it was nightmare. This wasn't real. She wiped away her tears, only now the creature was in front of her. Her heart stopped and she let out a blood curling scream. Everything went black after that.

_________________

Falice's eyes opened, she immediately rose as she took fast breaths, her chest rising and falling each time. Her pale cheeks were stained with wet tears from all the crying she had while she was asleep. She looked around, the sun was just about to rise. It was just a nightmare. Quickly, she dried her cheeks and rubbed her eyes, letting out a yawn afterwards. It was still the early hours of the morning, she could still go back to sleep but she couldn't. Not after that nightmare. Falice gripped the sheets, her hands beginning to shake once again. She slowly got out of bed and quietly made her way to the kitchen, only to see a note left on the counter.

' I won't be back to night, I already made breakfast tho. It's on the counter next to this note - Rainbow :)'

Falice looked beside her and saw a stack of pancakes carefully put on top of one another, she could spot bits of chocolate mixed with it. Falice felt uneasy, she couldn't really trust rainbow now. She wanted to but there was something off about her now, ever since she came back from who knows where Valerie lived. But that wasn't the only reason she felt uneasy, it felt like something was watching her. Waiting patiently. Falice looked around, lunar wasn't in sight. So she checked the cottage, she was gone. Perhaps her crashing over has finally come to an end or she just went out somewhere. She glanced at rainbows room, which was opened fully. Debating whether she should go investigate or not, she decided on the former option.

She began searching for something- anything that could help figure out what rainbow had meant. She ofcourse knew it was wrong to be doing this, but she wanted an answer. That's when she noticed a small chest, it was decorated in golds and blues but it's colour had become dull. Rainbow would only be back in a couple hours, she still had time. However to her dismay, it was locked shut, suddenly the black key appeared in her hand. Without hesitation, she inserted the key and twisted it, the chest opened. Inside was a rusted silver pocket watch, Similar to the one rainbow had. It was a struggle to open it at first but eventually it opened. That's when she heard a knock on the front door..

_________________________________________

END OF CHAPTER 20

Im srsly making this up as I go, idk what I'm doing