CHAPTER 28: The Locket.

After the stone had caught onto kyran, turning him into a lifeless statue, Rainbow managed to escape and fled in order to find falice and the others. She walked through the dull scenery casually as if nothing were happening around her. Her hands were behind her back while she walked, swaying her body back and forth. Rainbow stared at the dead grass beneath her, An amused smile on her face. She remembers when it first happened, the very first time the curse was triggered. It was when a visitor came into wonderland, everything was going smoothly until they had to go home. Something was triggered which unleashed the stone onto wonderland. Rainbow stopped in her tracks, her mind suddenly being flooded with old memories. She was the only one that remembered what happened- vividly. It was then that she began trying to find a way to put an end to the curse. She looked forward to every visit, every visitor, in means to find the Balance. Each time she failed to do so until Falice came along. The balance she had been searching for all this time, her jaw muscles clenched together. It wasnt fair. She tried so hard, only to come unsuccessful in the end. Yet Falice was destined to stop this damned curse, her mother had triggered. Perhaps this would be another time where she comes unsuccessful, although this time she was letting it happen.

She was one trying, there was no point in it anyway if she were to just fail each time. Rainbow removed her hands from behind her back, taking out the golden pocket watch and opened it. The handles were moving backwards and forward at rapid speed. She closed it and continued her walk. Although now an amused smile was on her face. An idea came to mind, this would be the last time wonderland has to suffer from such a curse, then she would make sure falice would be the Last Visitor of this land.

Everyone had made it across the bridge already which only left Falice on the other side. She found to the pole that tied the bridge to the other end tightly, she kept looking down at the floor of the bridge. What would happen if it were to just fall when she began walking, Was it even stable?. She gulped, her grip tightening. "Falice! Hurry up- who knows how long it will take until it gets here!" Lunar yelled, she had to admit it felt a bit odd hearing her name come from lunars mouth after being called 'Blue' the entire time she was here. Falice glanced at the others before gazing down at the bridge again. Her grip loosened around the pole and she took a step onto the bridge. Hearing it creak which made her clung to the rope immediately. Her legs were shaking with fear, She took a deep breath, taking another step- then another as she closed her eyes shut. Before she knew it, she was already across. Feeling a sense of accomplishment when she did. Like all the fear she had within her disappeared the moment she had gotten to the other side.

Suddenly, Gold intervened with her celebration. "We have to go now if we want to get Falice out of here before it reaches us." She said sternly, Walking away from them as she entered into the cave. "Wait- what about you guys?" Falice questioned, glancing between draco and lunar with a ping of guit that flowed through her all of a sudden. "We'll be willing to take the risk of sacrificing in order to get you out of here." Replied Draco genuinely, taking his leave behind gold. Following her inside the cave until they both disappeared. Falice turned to face lunar with a look of slight guilt, Lunar sighed before smiling softly.

"What Draco said and I think this belongs to you." She added, taking falice's hand and put the locket inside her palm. Falice stared at the locket and then glanced at lunar who was now also taking her leave. "Im sure you'll figure something out to save us all Blue."

And she would, she will find a way to save them in the end. Hopefully. Falice vowed, staring at the locket that was in her hands before walking inside the cave. As she entered the cave, She noticed how the walls glistened like crystals in the sunlight despite the only light coming from a lantern. On the ceiling were hanging star lights and other shapes that lit up the cave more the further they walked into the cave. Eventually they reached the end and were now outside in a place that covered in soft snow. Falice instinctively put her arms around her body, slightly confused on why she did so. It was odd, she did not feel the cold or any of the sort. For a moment she thought about it only to be snapped out of her thoughts by Draco. "Rainbow will find us eventually, so we need a plan to escape her incase she does." He stated, gold nodding in agreement to his claim. They did not know when she will find them but hopefully it was not at the current moment. "And what do you propose we do?" Gold questioned, Tugging onto the coat she wore. It was beginning to snow, falice could see the small snowflakes fall from above and the snow that had fallen. "A trap could work but there isn't much we can do right now" Suggested Lunar, sitting down on tue cold snow. She did not seem to mind however nor did she care anyway about the cold that would not affect.

Lunars ear twitched at the sound of footsteps approaching them- although it was still a bit far from where they currently stood, she could make out despite the snow, that it was rainbow. She was humming a tune as she walked. "Shes coming." She alerted them, all weren't expecting it to be so soon but oh well. Falice looked at the locket- not having a clue what its supposed to do but then she looked at gold. Who looked curious at to what falice was thinking but the worry was on her face from the news of rainbow approaching. "I might have an idea."

________________________________________

END OF CHAPTER 28