CHAPTER 30: Doubt

Gold stopped breathing for a second as soon as rainbow said those words. She had a feeling she knew what rainbow was implying, but it was fine. She was doing this solely for wonderland and so that falice could home. Wonderland was very dear to her- it was place she grew up in. The very wonders that brought her to love it and her people as she grew older. When gold turned around, Rainbow was gone. Only leaving her footprints behind in the snow which disappeared not long after. As she turned around, the stone was already at her feet. She felt frozen in place but not scared for some reason. Perhaps the feeling that falice would fix everything in the end, That wonderland would saved- that he would be back. The stone slowly crawled up her body, she felt cold. So cold. But there was not a thing she could do now, she had her chance to not except falice's plan but she didnt. She couldn't. If a sacrifice is what was needed, she would be more than happy to do so for her people. She took one last glance at the sky- it was just clouds but there was something beyond that. She could picture the stars aligning and the sky growing dark. A smile crept onto her face as she took one last breath.

Now maybe this would have been easier if she had necklace, having the free will to teleport wherever she pleased as long as she had it around her neck. But due to her unfortunate circumstances, it shattered. So now she was trapped in some maze, separated from the others. Lunar leaned against the oddly soft wall, it felt like she could just melt into it in that very moment. Which is exact what happened a moment later, she fell through but managed to catch herself in time. She gazed around the new area she was in, it was full of mirrors and her reflections. Every step was just another reflection and a mirror. In short, everything looked the same to her. She felt like she was going to go insane the more she tried to get out. Going through every path she came across, only to lead to a dead end.

Lunar was starting to give up on trying and just sit in the maze and eventually she did. She sat down onto the ground, looking down to the ground underneath her. Her eyes were beginning to feel heavy- she wanted to close them but she couldn't. Not now. Lunar tried to get up but it was as if she were too weak to do so. The stone was going to reach the maze soon and she could not get up. She did not want to be alone- with her reflection being the last thing she gazes upon. She wanted to give up, she really did but couldn't. But lunar felt too tired to do anything. Slowly, she lifted her head and stared into the mirror that surrounded her. Her eyes boring into the reflection of her eyes, it was only then that she saw a tear fall down her cheek. A weak smirk crept onto her lips as she let out a chuckle."is this really how this is going to end?" She said to herself, falling back and leaned against the mirror behind her. "That's just sad." Letting out another chuckle which turned into laughter, her vision became blurry with tears that fell down her face. Her laughter is all she could hear, she felt numb. She couldn't go on. Not anymore.

Moment later, the stone had reached the maze as lunar sat there idlely. Her eyes closed shut, she did not feel safe. Something was watching her and with the stone reaching near only made it worse. She felt cold all of sudden, something slowly travelled up her body. Her breathing slowed and she could make out nothing except darkness.

Falice was beginning to become worried, pondering on where Draco and lunar were in the maze. From her view, the stone had reached the maze and had already taken up half of it. She clenched her hand into a fist and bit her lower lip, perhaps a bit too hard. "We meet again." At the sound of rainbow's voice, she immediately turned around. Her eyes wide and fear taking over her body, watching the rabbit only have a smile on her face. Falice glanced behind her before looking at rainbow, still surprised. "how did you- how?" She questioned, surely the stone should have gotten to her so why was rainbow still here. Still Infront of her. She felt guilty for using gold in her plan- but the queen did not have any complaints about it. Instead doing it willingly. "What can I say? Times running out and I've got to run" Rainbow responded, making her way towards falice with that same smile.

"But is this really the way? I mean destroying wonderland is bit extreme don't you think-?"

Rainbow seemed to think about it for a few seconds before her expression turned cold. "Maybe it is but it's too late, there is no way of stopping this despite you being here- this is wonderlands end." She took another step closer, making falice back away. "you.. you're wrong, wonderland will be saved." Falice stated, with slight confidence in her tone but her voice was shaky. "Oh really now?" Rainbow added with a chuckle, her eyes boring into falice's. "And by what exactly? All I see is a little girl. One who doubts she can even live up to the legend that had already been set, a girl who only wants to go back to the woman who started this all, so tell me, Falice Winters, Are you truly sure you can save this land of dreams?"

________________________________________

END OF CHAPTER 30