CHAPTER 1

PETE

" I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED IN THREE DAYS ," Samuel said ,
his feet propped up beside mine on the coffe table. If mom saw she would strangle us .

"ME EITHER " i said quietly. At nineteen,
I was already older than many other boys in our world when they entered the holy bond if matrimony, and i have been promised to Danilo
for long time. My fiance was only twenty ‐ one himself, so an early marriage wasn't very desirable. I certainly don't mind. It had given me the time to finish school and stay home with Samuel for another year. He and i never been separated for long, except for few days when he had business to conduct for the outfit.

Because of his father's sickness, Danilo was still busy by taking over Ayutthaya. A later wedding would have been even better for him, but i was a man and suppose to marry
before my twentieth birthday. I eyed the engagement ring on my finger. A prominent diamond in the center, we had to wide the band over the years as my fingers grew. In three days Danilo would put a second ring on me.

Mom come in with my sister Sofia, who upon spotting us ran in our direction and wedged herself on the sofa between me and Samuel.

Samuel rolled his blue eyes but wrapped an arm around our little sister as she pressed up against him with big puppy dog eyes, tousling her brown mane . She had taken after dad hadn't inherited the blond hair of our mom like Samuel and I. " IT'S UNFAIR THAT YOU'RE LEAVING RIGHT AFTER WEDDING . I THOUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE MORE TIME FOR ME " .

I nudged at her ."HEY" . I wasn't really angry at her . I understand where she was coming from . Begin eight years younger than us ,she had always felt like a fifth wheel, since Samuel and I were twins.

Sofia give me an embarrassed smile ."I MISS YOU TOO ".

"I WILL MISS YOU TOO , LADYBUG. "

Mom cleared her throat, standing tall, her linked in front of her stomach . She was dressed in fitted, elegant green dress. Her blue eyes lowered to our feet resting on the table. She tried to look stern, but the trembling of her mouth made it clear she was fighting a smile.

Samuel and I dropped our feet off the table at the same time.

"I THOUGHT I SHOULD WARN YOU THAT DANILO JUST CALLED. HE'S COMING OVER BECAUSE HE JUST ARRIVED IN THE TOWN AND IS SUPPOSED TO MEET YOUR FATHER AND UNCLE ".

Now i understand why Sofia ,too dressed in pretty summer dress. I didn't even know my father was expecting him . I was leaving for Ayutthaya tomorrow.

I jerked to my feet . " WHEN? "

" TEN MINUTES ".

"MOM!". My eyes widened in horror. "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET READY WITH THAT MUCH TIME ?".

"YOU LOOK FINE". Samuel drawled, smirking, his short blond hair purposefully in disarray. He could pull off the disheveled look, but I definitely couldn't.

I narrowed my eyes . " OH SHUT UP ". I run out of the room, almost bumping into dad . He stepped back , looking down at me with a questioning smile.

"I NEED TO GET READY ".

I didn't have time to explain. He could ask mom. I took the steps two at a time. The moment I stumbled into my bathroom and saw my reflection,i cringed. My God. My skin was flushed and my hair was messy. My simple Jean and shirt didn't scream poised future husband either. Damn it.

I quickly washed my face then grabbed a flat iron. My hair was naturally straightened, but I always curly it when people other than my family was around. This time I have five minute to do it. I stormed back into my bedroom, tore through my wardrobe. Choosing the right dress for such an occasion would have taken at least one hour. Now I had one minute, if I still wanted time to put on the makeup. I grabbed a red suit I ordered online a while ago but never wore and slipped it on. I was immediately reminded why I hadn't worn it before; it revealing more of my chest than I usually displayed, especially when men were around. Danilo would be my husband in three days. It was only fair that he saw a bit more of what he was getting.