CHAPTER 7

“Like you said, I will be the one to make you scream and no one else.” He closed the door.

  I shut my eyes and pulled the covers tighter around myself.

  A power play. A twisted game of chess.

  I wasn’t going to be a pawn or a queen, and Vegas wouldn’t be the king.

VEGAS

  I grabbed sweatpants to put on before I headed downstairs into our gaming room, where tankhun, kinn, and macau were sitting. Since porsche had joined our family, my days of walking through the house naked when I pleased were fucking over. My brothers regarded me as if I was a bomb about to detonate.

  I flashed them a smile.

Macau shook his head but didn’t say anything. He didn’t try to hide his aversion toward me or his reluctance about becoming a theerapanyakul.

  kinn rose slowly. “You shouldn’t have brought him here.”
  I grabbed the pizza menu. “tankhun, order pizza for us and an extra one for pete .”

  kinn came around the sofa. My eyes flickered over the tension in his limbs. “Vegas, take him somewhere else.”

  “No,” I said. “he will stay here, under this roof, where I can keep a fucking eye on him.”

My brother stopped in front of me, a deep frown pulling his brows together. That was the equivalent of an angry outburst from him. “This situation might cause another one of porsche ’s episodes.”

  “porsche is your husband, not mine. Make sure he doesn’t see anything that he isn’t supposed to see. Where is he anyway?”

  “In our wing. The moment tankhun told me you were bringing pete , I told him to stay there.”

  “See? No problem.” I moved past him toward the bar and grabbed a beer. Kinn followed as tankhun ordered pizza in the background.

  “It is a huge problem. Your captive is upstairs, free to roam the place as he sees fit. he could walk around the house and cross porsche.”

I doubt pete  will do that right now. he’s too shaken and probably taking a beauty sleep as we speak. he can’t escape from the premises, and one of you will have to guard him to make sure he doesn’t do something stupid.”

  kinn assessed me. “I really hope you know what you’re doing. This is supposed to bring the Outfit down. Don’t forget that, Vegas.”

  My mouth pulled wide. “It will crush them. They will bleed out slowly, painfully, without ever feeling my blade. This will destroy them.”

Kinn gave a nod because even if emotions were still hard to grasp for him, he knew the effect mind games had in a war.

  “You disgust me,” macau muttered.

  “Four days,” I reminded him.

  He stood, jutting his chin out. “What if I say no?”

  tankhun shoved him. “You’d be a fucking disgrace, a traitor. What would you do? Where would you go?”

  Macau shoved him back. “I don’t give a fuck. Anything is better than becoming like you.”

  I stalked toward him. He lifted his chin. “You say this because from the day of your birth you’ve been protected. You’ve never been subjected to true cruelty. You are a theerapanyakul, macau, and one day you will be proud to be one.”

  “I wish I wasn’t a theerapanyakul. I wish you weren’t my brother.”

  “macau,” kinn warned, looking at my face.