Chapter 12.5.4 A Rose's Resolve

Ruby's POV:

Alias' claws made contact with my blade, producing a shower of sparks. The impact made a loud ringing noise, but ironically, it felt like ringing in my ears had stopped. The shower of sparks illuminated my enemy, who I could see more clearly now.

Alias swiped furiously, but I blocked and repelled him with my blade. Moving like this felt so natural to me right now. Alias aimed at my head, but I dodged with my semblance. We clashed several more times, but I hit him in the head. I slashed my scythe at him furiously like how he did to me before. Alias smiled and responded with a flurry of attacks on his own. He clawed at my face, and I dodged and swung at him. He blocked my scythe with his claws and swiped at me vigorously.

I used my semblance to dodge his attacks repeatedly, but he always caught up with me. I swung down, he ducked, and my blade hit the ground. Alias stretched out his arms and prepared to slam my head with his hands. I pulled my trigger, and my weapon's recoil pushed me away, and I spun away with my semblance. I see it now. He told me to slow down earlier, and I have. Now, I can see his body movements more clearly. I burst towards him and began zig-zagging around his head to confuse him. He stuck out his arm and hit my boot. I tumbled on the floor, and he stomped on the ground, just as I thought he would. I spun around and kicked his heel, but he didn't budge. His foot came down, and I split into three clusters, blinding him with my petals.

Alias' POV:

I sensed she was behind me as she tried to blind me with her petal blizzard. I turned my head around to bite her, but she was gone.

Click.

She was in front of me, but my head was still turned around. She fired a bullet at me, and I grabbed it. I grabbed it, but it blinked red and exploded, disorienting me. The smoke got in my eyes, and I felt something slash my shirt.

"Ha," Ruby said arrogantly.

I slapped her in her moment of triumph.

Ruby launched another attack in the chaos, creating a tornado of red petals. Despite her lesser skill, she moved with impressive fluidity, reminiscent of my technique. 

Knocking her away, I realized something was amiss and-wait

Knocking her away, I realized something was amiss and-wait...my hand?

3rd Person POV:

With a wild cackle, Alias retracted his gleaming claws and conjured two long swords, rushing at Ruby with renewed vigor. Like a whirlwind of steel, he surged forward, his eyes ablaze with determination, closing the distance between himself and Ruby in a heartbeat.

Their blades clashed with thunderous force, sending sparks flying in every direction. Ruby's blade swung dangerously close, but Alias narrowly evaded each blow. Ruby twirled her weapon to cut Alias' head from the side, but she missed. Ruby repeatedly spun her scythe to slash at Alias, but he blocked her with his swords. Ruby executed a series of quick slashes, aiming for Alias's sides to create the illusion of trapping him. Then she placed the blade of her scythe behind his legs and pulled. Alias jumped over it, only for Ruby to pull the trigger and shoot him in the stomach.