Chapter 11

"I wonder what I should do later today. Little Daniel said he was training with Vasco, so I guess I have time after school."

A lot of things happened after the school festival. Duke, Zoe, and a girl in their class named Yui started live streaming. Little Daniel saved Zoe from a stalker. Midterms occured and Ji-hyeon actually got second in his class. During the school trip, Zack broke his arms to protect Mira from a sex offender trying to act as a camp counselor. A lot of things happened so fast, each more exciting than the next.

As Ji-hyeon was walking to school, he heard the sound of whimpering. When he looked around, he saw a stray dog standing in front of the gate of a home. The dog looked like it hasn't eaten a meal in a while, it's fur and the scarf around it's neck being absolutely filthy.

"This is our house! I gotta protect it until she returns!!!!"

When the dog looked at Ji-hyeon, it started to growl before it barked at the boy. However, when the dog looked at Ji-hyeon, it saw the boy staring blankly at her as if he wasn't threatened at all. Soon an almost sad smile began to form on his face.

"You're just like me, huh. I wonder, are you all alone too?"

~Morning, J High School~
As Ji-hyeon was walking into the classroom and sat down, he noticed how everyone was talking about the dog he met outside called Enu. Apparently, she was abandoned by her owners since she wasn't a purebred dog and she was told to stay there until she came back. Not only that, whenever someone tried to give her food and such, she would bark at them and drive them away.

"Waiting for someone to come back, not knowing they were already gone. I can't believe i'm sympathizing with a dog. What is my life coming to?"

"Listen class, we have a new transfer student."

As the teacher said this, everyone was excited to see who this student was. Even moreso for the guys when they learned it was a girl. However, Ji-hyeon was confused since it was almost time for the winter holidays. As the new student walked inside the classroom, she introduced her.

"My name is Crystal Choi. It's nice to meet you."