Chapter 36

As they were slowly beginning to come back to their senses, Jibeom and Jihan were starting to open their eyes. The moment they woke up, they were met with the sight of Ji-hyeon and Jichang looking at them. Soon the two of them stood up as they sheepishly rubbed their heads.

"Dammit, Ji-hyeon. You really hate pulling your punches, don't you? I guess being in Seoul must have been frustrating since you were told not to go all out."

"I agree with Jihan, you kicked the hell out of me the moment you had the chance. I can still feel the pain."

As both of his brothers stood up, Ji-hyeon noticed how Jibeom and Jihan each held up their left and right hand respectively. Seeing this, Ji-hyeon smiled as he gave both of them a hi-five. As he watched this display, Jichang put his glasses back on as he looked at his three younger siblings.

"Ji-hyeon, you managed to get stronger. Not only that, your grades don't seem to be slipping. However, don't try to rush into things and take your time to build up experience. Both in the field of study and combat."

"Yes, Hyung."

"Now Jibeom and Jihan, you two still need to polish your own skills before mouthing off to Ji-hyeon about going soft. I'm not sure if you two gave it your all, but Ji-hyeon doing that much damage to you despite his restraint should tell you something."

Jibeom and Jihan merely nodded their heads at Jichang's words. He wasn't wrong in the slightest. As they were currently, they couldn't hope to beat Ji-hyeon individually. Soon Jichang began to walk outside as he fixed his glasses. This was a sign to follow him as his intentions were clear. He was going to test them again so their skills don't deteriorate.

Ji-hyeon, Jihan, and Jibeom all followed the eldest brother. While they were heading out to the fields, Jichang looked at his younger brothers for a moment before looking forward again. It was about to start any moment now. The moment he fixed his glasses again, Jichang turned around as he used his left hand-blade to block Jihan's right hand-blade.

Suddenly Jichang kicked Jihan in the chest as the boy was sent flying backwards and landed harshly on the ground. During this moment, Jibeom tried to tackle the glasses wearing man, only for the eldest brother to circle around him and strike the nape of his neck with his right hand-blade. Just as he saw Jibeom falling down to the ground, he noticed how the second eldest brother had a smirk on his face.

Just as Jichang turned around, Ji-hyeon had already raised the knee of his right leg to his waist as he exerted force by thrusting his right foot forward. Jichang's eyes widen in shock as his youngest brother's front kick was fast and powerful he felt it hit his chest. Shortly afterwards, Ji-hyeon dashed at Jichang as he positioned his hands to resemble the claws of a tiger. The moment he slashed at Jichang, the man tried to shield himself with his arms as he saw claw marks placed upon them as he landed on his feet.

"That kick was from Taekwondo. The tiger claw technique he did was from his Uechi-Ryu karate. Out of everyone here, Ji-hyeon is the best at countering his opponents effectively. He's my worst possible opponent....no, it's more accurate to say he's anyone's worst opponent the moment he's figured them out."

Just as Jichang thought this, a smile was starting to form on his face. It was rare, but whenever he and Ji-hyeon fought, he could feel it. He could feel himself starting to get fired up. Just as Ji-hyeon rushed over to Jichang, he clenched his right fist as he tried to deliver a right hook onto the man's chin. However, the eldest brother used his left hand-blade to stop Ji-hyeon's attack as he used his right hand-blade chop the youngest sibling's solar plexus.

As Ji-hyeon was having trouble catching his breath, Jichang suddenly winced in pain when he tried to go for another attack. When he looked downward, he saw blood escaping his chest as it looked as if it was slashed. When his eyes fell upon Ji-hyeon, he saw blood on the boy's fingertips.

"Auto-counter, that technique alone can cause trouble with how fast you can counter or  preemptively counter an opponent. Plus whatever training you did helped condition your body better. So far, out of everyone, you caused the most damage to me in this spar. Ji-hyeon, you need to gather more experience. Once you do that, i'm positive you'll give any fighter quite the fright."

"I...I see. Thank you, Hyung."

"Come on, let's take our brothers home. I'll treat us all to some Kkanpunggi (spicy garlic fried chicken stir-fried with vegetables and a sweet, sour, spicy sauce)."

"Really?! Thanks, you're the best, Jichang-hyung!"

"I'm simply rewarding the hard work and effort presented to me. Now let's get going."

~Meanwhile~
As he was sitting at a table and enjoying some kimchi jigae, Charles Choi was seen savoring his meal as Gun was standing right beside him. After taking a napkin and wiping off any possible broth that could've been on his face, the businessman soon spoke to the man beside him.

"Gun, what do you make of the young man from the PTJ Incident?"

"I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific."

"The young man who managed to cut down Former CEO Jang and Jin Park's forces by half all alone before you and Goo arrived."

"Ah, Ji-hyeon Kwak. If you're asking for how valuable he is as a fighter....i'd say he's a one of a kind treasure. He has combat abilities and smarts that exceed even that of the Four Major Crews heads. Not only that, he even found a master that is a legend in the field of Taekwondo. If we were to fight again, he'd probably do even more damage to me than last time given the nature of his fighting prowess."

Charles couldn't help but be astonished. Someone of such a level being kept unknown until now. Not only that, it was a fighter that even warranted praise from Gun himself. This presented Charles with three opinions. First, Ji-hyeon was too strong as a possible enemy and needed to be removed. Second, Ji-hyeon would be a powerful ally if the boy worked under him and he had the boy under control. Finally, the boy was a neutral party that would stay so unless provoked.

"Well, we'll just have to observe him for now."

~?????~
"So this is Chungcheong. Damn, it really is the country side."

As he stepped out of the taxi, one man could be seen standing with a wide grin on his face. The moment he started walking around, he reached into his pocket as he took out his phone. The device soon revealed a photo of Ji-hyeon and his home address.

"I owe that brat Kouji a lot of money to find you. But that's fine, once I find you, i'll have you pay him back in full. Now, how should I greet you, my future secret friend?"

The Weapon Genius has slithered into Chungcheong in search of Ji-hyeon