Chapter 23

"Athletics day?"

As he was sitting at his desk, Daniel (second body) was confronted by Zoe as she mentioned that everyone was participating. While Ji-hyeon sat at his desk, he felt someone tapping his shoulder. When he looked to see who it was, he noticed Jay was looking at him after pointing at the board.

"Ah, so you're doing the relay race along with Daniel. Good luck to you, Jay. I know you'll do great."

"........."

"Me? I'm playing soccer to represent the fashion department. It'll be a 3 on 3 match, first to 3 points wins. We'll be going against the Architecture department. From what I heard, Vasco and Jace are participating and they got someone from another department helping them out."

As soon as Ji-hyeon mentioned this, he noticed how Zack walked in the classroom. Truth be told, Zack had been absent for the past few days. This was due to the fact that Zack had been doing some special training, just to defeat Daniel during the athletics day and impress Mira. Seeing the smug expression on Zack's face, Ji-hyeon walked over to Daniel.

"Hey Daniel, you think you'll be able to play on my team during the soccer game?"

"Are you sure? I actually never played soccer."

"It's fine, after all, you have me as the midfielder. Just keep running and be prepared to kick the ball if it comes your way. Though admittedly, it's also my first time playing."

"O-oh, sure."

As Daniel agreed to it, Ji-hyeon noticed how Zack was glaring at him. A sigh escaped the boy's lips as he knew what this meant. Zack wanted him to send some passes his way so he can prove he's better than Daniel to impress Mira. However, Ji-hyeon wasn't that nice. The moment he sees no value in Zack as a player, he won't hesitate to drop him.

"Well then, this ought to be good."

~A few minutes later~
Currently, the student body of J High were sitting at the stands of the soccer field. Mira, Zoe, and the rest of the girls from the fashion department were dressed up in a yellow shirt, yellow shorts with black stripes and even had on antenna. As Daniel and Zack were on the field, they wore the same thing as the girls. However, Daniel was looking around for someone.

"Huh, where is Ji-hyeon?"

"Did that bastard flake on u-"

"Don't go slandering me, you dumbass."

As Zack felt someone chop the top of his head, he turned around to see who was responsible. However, both himself and Daniel smiled as they saw Ji-hyeon standing in front of them. He wore a white jersey with the number 10 on it along with a black shirt underneath, white shorts, and a pair of black gloves.

"Ji-hyeon! Nice jersey, but why aren't you dressed like the rest of us?"

"Daniel, we're best friends, but I would rather drop dead than be dressed up like a bee. Now, where are our opponents?"