Chapter 3- Truth

Caera Denoir -

"Caera, listen I want to tell you about my past, I want to tell you who I really am. But please don't hate or leave me after learning the truth" said Grey. I could sense that he was a bit afraid from how he spoke, and then I saw him burying his face in his knees while hugging them.

I was a bit confused but happy at the same time that Grey trusts me enough to tell me about his past, but confused as to what could that past be to make someone like Grey look that hurt.

"It's fine Grey, while I am curious about you, but if your past brings some bad memories and hurts you, I would prefer to not know it. You are my friend and I don't want to see you hurt because of me."I said.
" No, you deserve to know about me Caera, it's not that I would be hurt that much from telling you about my past. But I am afraid of what you might view me as after I tell you this....." He replied.

I had made a promise to myself that no matter what happens, I would never treat Grey differently after I knew who he was, and I still believe that. No matter what happens I would never treat Grey differently. "It doesn't matter to me Grey. I would never view or treat you like a stranger after learning the truth about you. You are my friend and that's all that matters to me." I said.

"Thank you, Caera. I would love that......" He replied. "My real name is Arthur Leywin,before you ask, yes the lance godspell Arthur Leywin. But let's push that matter aside and start from the very beginning. I was a test subject of Agrona, not exactly like how he does experiments on others. I am a reincanate, Agrona reincarnated me into this world."

Truthfully I was a bit shocked to know that he was THE Arthur Leywin, I wanted to ask some questions but I would prefer to do that after he explains me everything.

He then explained me about his old world which he called "Earth". He told me about his life their, how he and some of his friends lived happily and how things started to change after the headmaster of his orphanage died to how he became a king and locked all his emotions away and became distant and cold.

Then he told me about how he got reincarnated here and about his childhood, his life in the town of ashber and in the kingdom of elfs in Dicathen.

He continued to tell how he became an adventurer, then a professor in Xyrus academy which is similar to central academy here in Alacrya. And then to how he was trained by asuras to get involved in the war and became a lance.

Then he explained about his fight with Scythe Nico and Scythe Cadell, how he almost died protecting some people he held dear.

Then he explained how his daughter saved him from dying and how he got transported here to Alacrya, and gained his aether core and Regis.

As he was done from explaining all the things I saw tears starting to flow from the corner of his eyes. I quickly hugged him tightly and said to let it all out. He cried and cried for what felt like hours on my chest. After sometime I noticed that he had stopped crying and fell asleep. I laid his head on my lap and let him sleep their, as I was running my fingers through his hair.

I was shocked after learning who he really was. But instead of being afraid of him I felt sad for him, the man who has lost almost everything he held dear in life, not only once but twice. He was the man that I love, and that fact can't be changed, I don't really care of who he is or if he is reincarnated. To me he is the man that I care about, the man who I would love to spend my entire life by his side.

But I can't say the same for him, he already has a lover and a daughter. The fact that he already has a lover hurted me the most. And what if he views me as a threat, as an enemy? I want to be by his side, but will he accept me? I am someone who was born in the continent that he was having a war with. Not to mention that people of my continent were the reason his father died.
Will he view me as a monster? I wanted to not believe in that as if he did view me as an enemy he would not have shared about his past with me.