Scene 11: People dream

********* Kento Asano ********

I finally got a chance to come see my family this weekend. I was so happy I can restart teasing my little brother Akira and catch up with him.

He is quite the popular guy with girls but I always felt something odd about the way he acts around others. In a word, he is fake. But I don't care. Better be like that than have no friends at all. Plus it will be good for him to learn how to put an act for later in his career. As long as he is happy.

" Hey, can I ask you a favor ? " said Akira.

" No " I said.

" I want you to take us to the hotel for the school trip "

" Didn't dad give you money for the bus. I know there is a bus because I did that trip when I was your age. In the bus you can befriend girls by sitting next to them. It will increase your chan... "

As I was trying to give him some of my wisdom in life he said:

" Please. Some friends did not pay the bus ... "

" Aha. It will be a chance for your friends to learn that in life you cannot do whatever you want. You cannot say - I forgot to pay the bus for the trip - then change your mind and say I want to go now. Life does not work that way. "

" I already told them you will agree. Please "

" Why are you so tense about it. Hahaha it is the first time I see you serious like that. "

" Because I know you may say no just because you are lazy and to tease me. "

" True and ... True. Is it a girl ?"

" ... "

" Hooooo. I am in. I will make fun of you all the way in the car ... "

" Not just a girl. There is two girls and one boy. "

" Ahh. That is weird. And all of them did not pay the bus ? "

" Only the boy ... "

" Why do you want the boy to come. It is his responsibility to tell his parent to pay the bus in time. If it was a girl you like I might have made an exception. But you will see them in the bus anyways. So sorry finally I am out. I prefer go meet some of my friends instead ... "

He looked really upset. Normally when I tease Akira like that he starts teasing me back and recalling all my cringe moment I did when I was young. But this time he was just silent. I couldn't take this tense conversation so I decided to leave.

" He probably didn't pay the bus because he didn't have enough money. He didn't even want to go but he got fired from his work... Plus his parents are dead and ..."

" Hey hey chill out ... I was kidding of course I will take you. Did you think I will miss a chance to make fun of you in front of two girls ? "

I said that without even thinking. Not like I really care about that boy he is talking about but man he must be really close to Akira for him to act this way.
Damn I wanted to meet again and catch up with this girl from my highschool but now I am stuck with this children trip. But hey, it is for Akira.

" Don't think I will stay with you to babysit okay ? I am just here to drop you off like a taxi. "

Akira just nodded. It is in fact an hour trip by car if there is no traffic. So he must be thankful.

Then the day of the trip came. In front of me was two girls and a boy indeed.

" So this is Mieruko, this is Mirai and this is Naruse. Here is my older brother ... "