Part 19 - Weight of Regret

Dear Readers,

Thank you for diving into the latest chapter! Your support means the world to me. Before you turn the page, could you take a moment to share your thoughts? I'm curious—was Jennie justified in her actions? And is there something brewing between Y/N and Rose? Your comments and votes are my guiding stars.

Happy reading!

Ash Kim

________________________________________________________________________________

Jennie's POV

In that moment, as we shared a meal together under the starlit sky, I knew that I was exactly where I was meant to be – in the presence of someone who saw me for who I truly was, and who loved me unconditionally.

As we finished our dinner and prepared to leave, my heart sank as Rose suddenly appeared before us.

Surprise!!!!

Despite my efforts to maintain a facade of surprise, I couldn't shake the unease that settled in the pit of my stomach at her unexpected presence. Nonetheless, I greeted her with a forced smile, trying to mask the turmoil brewing within me.

Rose! What a surprise to see you here,

I exclaimed, attempting to sound cheerful despite the knot of anxiety tightening in my chest.

Rose enveloped me in a hug, and I reciprocated, though my embrace lacked the warmth and enthusiasm I would have normally shown. My mind was preoccupied with the realization dawning upon me – Rose's involvement in planning this surprise. As she hugged Y/N, I couldn't help but notice the lack of intimacy in their embrace, a stark contrast to the affectionate display captured in the picture Ji Yong had shown me.

As Rose stood before me and Y/N, a moment of silence hung in the air, filled with unspoken tension and emotions. Finally, Y/N broke the silence, expressing her gratitude to Rose for her part in orchestrating the surprise.

Thank you, Rose, for helping me make tonight so special for Jennie,

Y/N said, her voice filled with genuine appreciation. Rose smiled warmly, her eyes reflecting sincerity.

Oh shut up... I'm just glad I could be a part of making Jennie unnie happy, You know right, anything for my Chanel queen.

she replied graciously. Turning her attention to me, Rose posed a question, her voice soft and caring.

Did you like the surprise, Unnie??

My eyes shimmered with unshed tears as I nodded, my voice choked with emotion.

It was beautiful, Rose. Thank you so much,

I whispered. Y/N interjected, wanting to ensure Rose received the recognition she deserved.

Rose is the one who helped me plan everything, None of this would have been possible without her.

As Y/N credited Rose for her pivotal role in crafting the magical evening, a wave of guilt washed over me, threatening to engulf me entirely. The pieces of the puzzle clicked into place with painful clarity, the messages I had glimpsed in Y/N's phone suddenly making sense. Rose's insistence on secrecy, her careful planning—all of it had been to orchestrate a surprise for me.

The realization hit me like a ton of bricks, and I felt a surge of regret coursing through my veins.

How could I have been so blind, so quick to judge and condemn Y/N without knowing the full story?