Part 18 - The First Touch

Dear Loves

Thank you for joining me once again on this journey through words and emotions. Before you dive into this chapter, I have a small request. Please take a moment to leave a comment and vote. Your feedback means the world to me.

Happy reading!

Ash Kim

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jennie's POV

I sat on the edge of the bed , my heart racing with nerves as I mustered the courage to speak up. Y/N was working on her laptop, seemingly engrossed in her tasks. After a moment, I cleared my throat, catching her attention.

Um, Y/N... about last night... I wanted to talk to you,

I began, my voice wavering slightly. Y/N turned towards me, her expression soft and attentive.

Of course, what is it?

she responded, her voice calm and reassuring. I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts.

I just wanted to apologize. I didn't mean to react that way. I know I hurt you, and I feel terrible about it,

I confessed, my gaze dropping to the floor. Y/N offered me a gentle smile, her eyes filled with understanding.

Jennie, it's okay. I understand it was a tough night for both of us,

she said, her voice comforting. Despite her reassurance, I couldn't shake off the guilt weighing on my chest.

But still, I shouldn't have acted impulsively like that. And now your cheek is swollen...

I trailed off, my voice filled with regret. Y/N reached out, touching her cheek gently.

It's not your fault, Jennie. And don't worry about the swelling, I'll be fine,

she assured me, her words soothing. Determined to make amends, I stood up, my resolve firm.

No, I want to help. Let me get you something for it,

I insisted, determination driving me forward. Y/N's expression softened, gratitude shining in her eyes.

That's really thoughtful of you, Jennie,

she said, her voice filled with warmth. I felt a pang of guilt as I rushed to the kitchen to fetch the ice pack. When I returned to the bedroom, Y/n stretched out her hand to take it, but I hesitated.

No, let me do it. I'm the one who hurt you,

I insisted, my voice filled with remorse as I gently pushed Y/N's hand away from the ice pack. Y/N nodded in understanding, her expression softening with gratitude.

Okay, if you insist,

she agreed, placing her laptop aside and moving to the edge of the bed.

Feeling a mixture of nerves and determination, I stood between Y/N's legs, my heart pounding in my chest. As I looked at her cheek more closely, I couldn't help but feel a wave of guilt wash over me. This was all my fault.

Carefully, I brought the ice pack to Y/N's cheek, but as soon as it made contact, Y/N flinched in pain. Guilt flooded me once again as I quickly withdrew the ice pack, apologizing profusely.

I'm so sorry, Y/N. I didn't mean to hurt you,

I said, my voice filled with regret as I looked into her eyes. Y/N offered me a reassuring smile, her words comforting.