009

. . .

   "Hey," your head shot up as Mash held the broken door. "You know that's a doll you're talking to? Also, I may have broken your door. Sorry," Mash apologized. The student glared at Mash, "thank you for bringing that to my attention."

   Your jaw dropped, 'when did he break that door?!'

   "You're welcome."

   "You're the first year with the golden coin," the student said. "That's me," Mash replied. You walked behind him, "Mash. You idiot! You should've let me open the door!" Scolding him once again. Mash held his head down, "sorry. I won't do it again."

   You went still, "oh, uh, that's fine. Just don't do that again." Mash nodded as you thought, 'he's such a good kid....'

   "Why do you wish to be a Visionary?" The student asked Mash. You looked up at him, analyzing his appearance. 'That's the Prefect of the Lang house. Why would he be holding a meeting like this?' You thought, looking around the room.

   "I want to live a trouble free life with my family," Mash answered, still holding the door. The student turned his body and face Mash, "beautiful. However, you are misguided." You didn't like him one bit, inching your hand closer to your wand. 

   "The Divine Visionaries are the artisans of our world. They are the vessels of God's divinity. You lack the mettle necessary to be a creator deity." He finished. "What would you do...?" Mash asked, standing in front of you. 'This boy is out of his mind...' You thought to yourself. 

   "I would return this world to its rightful form. Do you know why humanity has flourished? Because we tirelessly pillage those weaker than us. But look at society now. Sheltering the weak, fighting for equality, encouraging compassion. It's nonsense. They've shut their eyes to reality. We are beasts by nature. In all species, the weak are taken advantage of until they are finally weeded out. Thus, it is we, the superior, who prosper. It's nature."

   "I get it. So you're saying... you want to live a trouble free life too?" Mash asked. You deadpanned, "that's not what he is saying, Mash. Were you even listening?" He tilted his head, "is that not what he wants?" 

   "No, Mash, no..."

   "I take offense at your mockery," he glared at Mash. You glared right back at him. "No mockery or offense intended," Mash informed him. "Is that so? Then I will allow you to go. In exchange for your gold coin."

   "Like hell he is," you took your wand out. "I see... but you have no choice." A puppet flew towards Mash as the puppet aimed to kick him. Mash leaned back, dodging the kick from the puppet. He used his feet to grab the puppet and smash it into the ground. 

   The puppet reverted back into a human, surprising you. 'A human? That was a puppet a second ago...' Then it hit you, looking up at the doll student.