Chapter 1 Just A Normal Day

Jack POV

I woke up to the empty feeling on the other side of the bed. I groped around the covers, my eyes still closed and realised that no one was there. I sat up and stretched before rubbing my eyes. I looked around the room but she wasn't anywhere to be seen. I looked at Light who was curled up in a ball in the corner of the room. It lifted its head and nodded it towards the study. I smiled in thanks, crawled out of bed and shoved on my hoodie before trudging towards my staff which was resting against a wall. 

I peeked through the open door and sure enough, she was there. She was sitting on the leather sofa in her top and shorts reading a book. I grinned and creeped up behind her. I tapped her left shoulder and rested on her right side. Sure enough, she looked left, then right and jumped when she saw me. She gasped and held her heart as I chuckled.  

"Morning, my little snowflake." I whispered in her ear, wrapping my arms around her. 

"Morning." She replied, planting a kiss on my cheek. I leap on the sofa and sit next to her, crossing my legs. 

"Why are you up so early? I woke up and you weren't there." I pouted.  

She chuckled. "Sorry, I was up most of the night." She said. 

"Again?" I gently pushed her silky white hair behind her ear. "Is something bothering you?" 

She turned to face me. "Why would you think that?" She asked. 

I smiled. "I know you, Ghosty." I replied, kissing her forehead. 

She rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the book. I sighed. I knew all too well when something was bothering her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close. 

"Tell me." I said as softly as I could. When she looked at me I gave her the smile I knew she couldn't resist. She smiled back and shook her head, closing her book. 

"It's nothing to worry about, honest." She said, peeling my arms from her waist and returning the book to the shelf.  

I lay back on the sofa and put my hands behind my head. "It's about Charlie, isn't it?" I guessed. 

Friendly shrugged and returned to the sofa. I raised my head, allowing her to sit, and placed it on her lap. I played with a strand of her hair while I studied her eyes. "Come on, I know it's troubling you, just say it." I smiled. 

"Alright, alright. Charlie's girlfriend broke up with him and he's in a depressed state." She sighed. I chuckled at this answer and she gave me a small glare. "What's so funny?"  

"Nothing. You just worry too much - he'll get over it." I say, sitting up. She nodded and stared out of the large window in thought. I take advantage of this and push her down on the sofa, pinning her arms down. 

"Hey! That's not fair, I wasn't ready that time!" She protests. I just laugh and lean down to kiss her soft lips. My hands slid down to her waist and she wrapped her arms around me. I kissed her deeper, pulling her closer to me and she ran her fingers through my messy hair. I parted my lips from hers and smirked, staring into her shimmering violet eyes. I was always so hypnotised by them. I must have gotten too hypnotised because when I let my guard down, Friendly slid from under me and pinned me down on the sofa. 

"Pinned ya." She smirked, winking at me. I chuckle and lean my head up to kiss her but she stopped me by putting her finger on my lips. "Save it for later, Frosty." She smiled sweetly before leaping off me and off the sofa. I sat up and rested my arm on the back of the sofa, watching her walk away with a grin. Her punishment for yesterday.