Chapter 7 The Spy

Jack POV

Friendly hesitantly reached out her hand but I stopped her by snapping at Cupid.

"Why are you here?" I growled. Friendly's hand jerked back at my outburst. Cupid took back his hand and have me a bored expression.

"Ah, Jack Frost. It's nice to see you after such a long time. How have you been my dear friend?" He says.

"Cut the crap, Cupid and answer my question."

"You two know each other?" Friendly asks.

"Oh yeah! Me and Jack go way back." Cupid smiles. I glared at him and he just gives me a smug look. "Well, we're not exactly the best of friends, but close enough."

"I'm not your friend." I mumbled. Friendly slipped out of my grip and stood up. I immediatly stood next to her and helped her regain her balance. She shook her head, putting her hand to it. I saw Cupid tilt his head.

"I hope you don't mind me saying so but you don't look so good..." He says.

"No...I'm fine, don't worry about it." Friendly smiles. "So uh...what brings you to the North Pole?" She asks.

"I came to help." He says. Sure, he answers when she asks.

"Help?"

"With your battle with Mother Nature-"

"Woa woa woa, wait." I interrupt, but no one listens to me.

"How? What can you do to help?" Tooth asks.

"Let's just say I'm full of information. Plus, I can help you train-"

"Hey-" I try again, but Cupid pretends I'm not there.

"I can help you get your skills up to Mother Nature's level. I know how well she fights and by god, she fights well." He continues. 

"Hey, hold the fuck up!" I shout, clearly irritated. Everyone shut up then and turned their full attention to me. "How the hell did you know about that fight? It was only announced less than an hour ago."

"Ah...yes, about that...uh..." He stuttered.

At that moment, Bunny, North and Sandy rush up to us.

"Oi, there he is, mate!" Bunny exclaimed.

"Aw crap..." Cupid mumbles before leaping behind Friendly and crouching behind her. "Pretend I'm not here!" He whispers. I glare at him and grab his collar before pulling him up and pushing him towards the others. I wrap my arm around Friendly's waist and watch him fall flat on his face. He pushes himself up and glares at me before coming face to face with three pairs of angry eyes. "Heheh...hey, guys!" He greets nervously.

"You are in big trouble, my friend." Says North, pointing his finger at him. I chuckle, glad that it's being said to someone else instead of me for once.

"Why? What's he done?" Tooth asks.

"This little peeping Tom was spyin' on us when Mother Nature visited." Says Bunny, folding his arms and glaring down at Cupid.

"We caught him in corner of ceiling just after you left." North adds.

"We've been chasin' 'im around ever since." Bunny grumbles.

"Well, that explains your crash-landing." Says Friendly, slight amusement in her voice.

"I had a good reason to! I didn't mean any harm, trust me. I just wanted to help her." Cupid insists.

"We don't need your help, Cupid, get out of here." I say in a threatening tone.

"Oh believe me when I say you do." He says whilst chuckling, obviously mocking me.