Chapter 12 Secret Meeting

North POV

As soon as we dragged Bunny into the sleigh, Phill hopping in after him, we dashed off into the air to Charlie's house. I whispered the address into a snow globe and tossed it into the air. The sleigh spun through the portal and in two seconds flat, we were outside Charlie's apartment.  

Jack was the first one to leap out of the sleigh with a now small, white wolf right behind him. He flew up to the window whilst the rest of us traveled through Bunny's tunnels. We leaped out of the hole and landed in Charlie's living room.  

"Charlie!?" Jack called, obviously panicked. Not a moment later, Charlie rushed in the room. His hands were covered in blood just like Light's. 

"Oh, good, you're here! North, did you bring more bandages?" He rushes. 

"Right here." I confirm, holding up a case filled with even more medical equipment then asked. 

"Fantastic, come with me."  

We all follow him down the halls as he hurriedly informs us about Friendly's condition. I felt sorry for him. Charlie wasn't built for this kind of pressure. His skin was pale and it was pretty obvious that his hands were shaking but he still tried his best to hide it and remain calm.  

He led us to his bedroom where Friendly lay, unconscious on the once clean white sheets on the bed. I was the first one to rush over to her and I immediately checked her pulse. I examined the bandages carefully wrapped around most of the wounds and I saw that the ones still visible had been cleaned. Charlie did pretty well. 

"Thank you, Charlie. I can take it from here." I nod with a reassuring smile. He nods back and heads out the door towards the bathroom to wash his hands. Phill heads over to my side to help me treat Friendly's wounds. I hadn't noticed that Jack was already on the opposite side of the bed, linking his fingers with hers. Light trod up next to him and curled up on the floor. The poor thing must be exhausted.  

"Is she gonna be alright...?" Jack croaks. 

"She will be fine, Jack. I promise." I smile. He just nods, not moving his gaze from Friendly's face.  

Me and Phill begin to continue Charlie's unfinished work, carefully mopping up the fresh blood and wrapping the wounds up in bandages. Most of them required stitching so it was lucky I had brought all my tools. Even though Charlie had done such a good job, I had to undo the bandages he had applied to check if any of the wounds he treated needed stitching. None of them did so it seemed the young man knew what he was doing.  

I narrowed my eyes when I examined the wound on her right arm. They were deep bite marks. What kind of spirits left bite marks? The black wolves? But that's impossible. Friendly has never had any trouble defeating the black wolves before and here she was, torn, ripped and bitten. And with all the training she's had you would think she would be even better.  

Jack seemed to read my thoughts when he looked up. "Light said that there were bigger ones than usual." He said. I hummed and stroked my long beard. I had seen the black wolves before and the bite marks on her arm pretty much matched the size I last saw them.  

"We will ask her when she wakes." I mumble as I begin to stitch up the bite marks.  

Once all the stitches and bandages were in place, I stood up and put away my tools. "There, she should be fine now. We will take her back to the pole and keep an eye on her." I nodded at Charlie who looked uncertain. 

"North." Says Bunny. I had almost forgotten he was here. "What about her trainin', mate? She's only got three weeks left..." 

"Bunny." I gave him a stern look. "I have the utmost faith in Ghosty. I believe she can do it. She can take a break for a few days."