Chapter 6 Some Christmas This Is

Bunnymund POV

Everyone just froze. They didn't do anything at all. Even Jack seemed to turn into a statue when there was a blade pressed up against his girlfriend's neck! What the bloody hell was going on!?  

Friendly's shocked expression slowly faded and turned into a weird look. She was looking at Mother Nature as if she was crazy. Then I remembered that Friendly was a ghost and relaxed a little knowing that she could fly away or phase through the blade if Mother Nature swung it at her. That's when I noticed that I had grabbed one of my boomerangs. I decided to keep my grip on it anyway in case something else happened. 

"You're so lucky, aren't you?" Mother Nature says in a mocking tone. I saw Jack's knuckles turn white at this. "Beautiful face, beautiful voice, works with the guardians, handsome boyfriend..." She glances at Jack making his face turn pale, if that was even possible.  

"I don't understand what you're getting at here." Friendly interrupts. Mother Nature's yellow eyes burn through her violet ones.  

"What I'm getting at is that you don't deserve this life." Mother Nature spat. "I've been watching you for a while, Ghosty. In my opinion, you don't even deserve to live!"  

"And why is that?" 

"Your bravery is pathetic and gets in the way. It is tipping the balance!" 

"My bravery secures the balance." Friendly insists. 

"That's not what I believe. Sometimes my dear, fear is a good thing." 

"Woah woah woah! Hold up, did I just hear that right?" 

"Yes you did." 

"What are you smoking? Since when is fear a good thing!?" Friendly was now ignoring the blade at her neck. 

"Fear protects the children from what is bad! It teaches them to stay away." 

"Am I supposed to be affected by this threat, Mother Nature? Because I am not afraid of you if that's what you're getting at." 

"The reason I came here today is to end your life and that is what I shall do-" Mother Nature freezes when a white blade is held up to her neck. 

"Crikey!" I exclaim.  

Friendly bares her teeth at the one who threatened to end her life as she held her blade the same way Mother Nature's blade was held up to her. "Well I'd like to see you try..." She says through gritted teeth. 

Mother Nature suddenly lets out a small chuckle and smiles. "Oh I see how it is. You're the tough girl, am I right?" Friendly doesn't answer. She just narrows her eyes at her. "Then let's settle this a different way. You and I will battle in the arena in my territory. We fight until one of us gives up or simply collapses from the pain. If you win, you can resume your life the way it is and I will never bother you again." 

Friendly blinks, not dropping her glare. "Go on..." 

Mother Nature grins. "If I win...I get Jack." Our eyes widen. I turn to look at Jack who had practically turned to stone. Friendly opened her mouth to say something but Mother Nature stopped her. "I'm not finished. If I win, I get Jack, and your voice."  

Friendly gritted her teeth together. "If you win you can take my voice by all means, but Jack is not a prize to be won." She says, sternly. 

Mother Nature chuckles. "I don't think you have a choice my dear. You play by my rules, or you die right now. Your choice." 

"Clearly you haven't noticed that I'm a ghost? Your stupid fan will just go right through me, plus I believe there is a blade pointed at your neck aswell."