Chapter 26 Time to go...

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't updated for so long >.< but a lot has been happening in my life right now and I just couldn't find the time to write anything :( I'll try to be quicker with the next update as the next chapter is the battle! It's the moment you've all been waiting for so look forward to it! ;D 

For now, enjoy Friendly's last moments before her life threatening battle with Mother Nature!  

~Amber x 

**************************

Friendly POV

Tomorrow. That was the one word that kept replaying in my head. One more day. When I wake up in the morning, I'll be getting ready for the battle. This time tomorrow I'll be in the arena, fighting for my life. It was pretty overwhelming. I actually managed with the thought for the past few weeks, but now that it was so close, fear began to take it's effect. Not just on me, but on all of us.  

It was so agonisingly quiet, despite the clattering and thumping of the yetis and elves at work. No one spoke a word. They didn't need to. Everyone's thoughts were the same thing. 

Tomorrow is when I will be deciding my fate. 

I was laying lazily on the sofa in mine and Jack's study, staring out of the huge windows into the white winter wonderland of the North Pole. Jack's arms were wrapped protectively around my torso and his chin rested snugly on the top of my head. Our legs were comfortably tangled together, our bare feet occasionally brushing against each other for some sign of comfort. I was wrapped snugly in a pair of black sweatpants and a grey hoodie over a white T-shirt. To top it off, my hair was in a rather messy high ponytail. The only time I ever dressed like this is when I was having a lazy day, which was pretty much a day like today. Jack was in his usual blue hoodie and brown pants, though I really did miss the skinny jeans and blouse from yesterday. He looked really good in white. 

I felt him plant a lingering kiss on the top of my head before resting his chin back in the same place. I closed my eyes as he did so, enjoying this moment we were sharing.  

"What are you thinking about?" I heard Jack's husky voice mumble in my ear. I pouted my lips and tightened my embrace on his protective arms.  

"About tomorrow. I can't seem to think of anything else..." I murmured. I felt him give a light nod before nuzzling his face in the nape of my neck. After a short while I shuffled around until I was facing him. "Wanna go for a walk?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood.  

A small smile appeared on his face in agreement. "Yeah."  

I pecked his nose before getting up and grabbing his hands, pulling him up to his feet. He grabbed his staff and stretched before slinging his other arm around my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around his waist and we both walked out of the study towards the door. I saw Light in the form of a wolf laying in the corner she usually lays in.  

"Hey, Light. We're just gonna walk around the workshop, wanna come?" I asked.  

Light stood on all fours and stretched with a yawn before walking up to us, her height a few inches above mine. I smiled and pet her head, taking that as a yes before the three of us walked slowly and calmly down the hallway. Yeah, it's true that I was the fastest guardian, but it was nice to slow down for a change.  

When we reached the dining room, to our surprise, the big four were all gathered there. But no words were exchanged. Everyone was sat there in silence, engaged in their own thoughts. Bunny was boredly performing tricks with the boomerang I made him for Christmas. Tooth wasn't hovering a few feet above the ground like usual, she was sitting at the table with her chin resting in both her palms. Sandy was floating a few inches from the ground, silently snoozing like usual and North was quietly sitting with his thumbs on his chin and his forefingers on his temple.