Chapter 3 Music and Dancing

Jack POV

I furrowed my eyebrows together as I concentrated hard. I could see Bunny in the corner of my eye giving me a weird look. Friendly was sitting opposite me, her eyes narrowed slightly, staring into mine.  

"Can I just ask what the hell you're doin'?" Bunnymund asks. 

"Shh!" Me and Friendly hiss. 

"Alright, alright, geeze!" He sighed, getting off his stool and walking to the other end of the table. 

"I'm not giving up, Frosty. You're challenging the spirit who can go two entire years without even a wink of sleep." Friendly smirks. 

I was giving her the same expression. "Sleep has nothing to do with this, Ghosty, I could do this all day." No I couldn't. My eyes were already beginning to burn.  

We stared intensely at each other for what seemed an eternity. I could see Friendly's eyes going red and I felt tears welling up in mine until they blurred my vision. Friendly's face scrunched up a little. 

"C'moooon, blink already!" She growled. 

"No way, I'm winning this time whether you like it or not!" I protested.  

We both bit our lips as we were now struggling hard to keep our eyes open. I could see that she was about to give up and I smirked. Then suddenly, Bunny leaped in front of us and shouted "Boo!" making us both jump and blink at the same time. 

"BUNNY!" We snapped, rubbing our sore eyes. 

"No fair! I was totally gonna win!" I complained. 

"No, I was gonna win! I demand a rematch!" Friendly pouted. 

"Agh, no more, Ghosty, my eyes are sore enough." I sigh, rubbing my red eyes. 

Friendly shoots a glare at Bunnymund and he just laughs at us. She grumbles under her breath and folds her arms. 

"Don't you two larrikin's have somethin' better to do than stare at each other all day?" Bunnymund raises a brow. 

"I'm not complaining. I could stare at his face all day, any day." Friendly grins. 

I chuckle. "Ditto." 

Bunnymund groans and rolls his eyes. "Ah, young love. It's enough to make ya vomit up your lunch..."  

I glare at Bunny and Friendly just chuckles. "Get used to it, cotton tail, it's not gonna change." She says with a wink. 

"Ugh, she's gettin' more and more like you every day, frostbite. You watch, next thing she'll do is wear a bloomin' hoodie like you!" He sighs. 

I laugh and put my arm around her shoulders. "I wouldn't give her any ideas if I were you, Bunny." I said when I saw that Friendly was actually keen on the idea. She chuckled and leaned her head on my shoulder.  

"Alright, alright. Would this be more like me?" She says, picking up her white guitar which was on the floor leaning on her stool. 

"Much better." Bunnymund smiles.  

She puts the strap over her shoulder and winks at me before playing a tune. I rested my staff on my shoulder and leaned on the table. I've heard her play this many times and I always chuckle at the first few lines. 

"It seems like a perfect night, 

To dress up like hipsters, 

And make fun of our exes,