Sick

Sam wakes up feeling sick and tries to hide it. Colby takes care of him.

TW: illness, swearing

Sam's POV

I wake up feeling like shit. But I have to power through because we have a meeting with our team today. I get dressed slowly, trying to fight the urge to throw up. Colby knocks on my door. 

"Sam, are you ready?" 

"I just need a minute," I say. 

"Okay," Colby says. 

He heads back downstairs. I grab my water and a notebook then head downstairs. When I get down, I have to stop, fighting the nausea. 

"Sam, are you okay?" 

I nod. 

"Let's go." 

We arrive and the meeting starts. After about an hour, I can't fight the nausea anymore and slip out of the room. I make it to the bathroom just in time. 

Colby's POV

I'm worried about Sam. He doesn't look good, he's very pale. He slips out an hour in the meeting. 

"Colby?" 

I drag my focus back to the meeting. 

"I apologize. Could we take a break? I need to check on Sam." 

"Of course," our manager says. 

I leave the room and see Sam coming out of the bathroom. I hurry over to him. 

"What's wrong?" I ask. 

"I-shit." 

He hurries back into the bathroom. I follow him and hear him throwing up. 

"Sam?" 

"Uh," he groans. 

I return to the room. 

"Sam is sick," I explain. "I need to get him home."

"Of course. We'll pick this up another day."

I pack up our things and leave the room. I find Sam again, still in the bathroom. 

"Sam, we're going home." 

"But the meeting-" he says. 

"We'll finish it another day. Your health is more important." 

He comes out of the stall. I grab a garbage bag and lead him out of the building to my car. I get him settled in the passenger seat. I climb in the driver's seat, starting the car. 

"Colby-" 

"Just try to rest Sam."

I drive us home. Sam throws up a couple times. 

"I'm sorry," he says. 

"You don't have to be sorry," I say. 

We arrive home and I carry him inside to his room. I get him settled in his bed. I grab a bucket and set it by his bed. I run my fingers through his hair. He's really warm. 

"I'll be back."

I grab a thermometer and return to him. I take his temperature and he has a fever. I run my fingers through his hair again and he falls asleep. I set his phone by his bedside and leave a note. 

Sam's POV

I wake up after a few hours. I see my phone on bedside table with a note. 

Sam, 

I went to get you soup and medicine. Text me if you need anything. I love you

Colby

S: are you home?

C: yes, you need me?

S: I'm alright

I hear him coming upstairs. He enters my room, setting down medicine, Gatorade, and water on my table. 

"Hi, sweetie. How are you feeling?" he asks. 

"I'm alright," I say. 

He places his hand on my forehead then takes my temp again. 

"It's gone down. That's good. You want some broth?" he asks. 

"Colby, you don't have to take care of me." 

"Yes, I do. It's my job," he says. 

"Broth would be good," I say. 

He heads downstairs and returns with broth for me. I drink it slowly then lay down again when he takes my bowl. He starts to leave the room. 

"Wait, stay with me please," I say. 

He sets the bowl down and climbs into my bed with me. He wraps his arms around me, kissing my temple. 

"Colby?" 

"Yes love?" 

"I love you," I say. 

"I love you too," he says. 

I wake up because of horrible cramps and lean over the side of the bed. Colby rubs my back while I empty my stomach. I groan. He continues rubbing my back. I collapse into his arms. He runs his hand through my hair. I groan again. 

"Sammy, what do you need?" 

"to feel better and you," I say. 

He hands me a bottle of water and I take a sip. 

"Just rest baby. I'll be here," he says. 

I drift off to sleep again. I wake up and find myself curled into Colby's side. I finally feel better. Must have just been a 24 hour bug. I roll on top of Colby and kiss him. He opens his eyes. 

"Good morning love," he says, huskily. 

God, I love his morning voice. 

"How are you feeling?" he asks. 

"Much better," I say. 

I lay my head on his chest. 

"Thank you for taking care of me," I say. 

He kisses my forehead. 

"I always will baby," he says. 

"I love you," I say. 

"I love you too Sammy." 

"Can we stay in bed and cuddle for a bit?" I ask. 

"of course love," he says. 

I roll off him and curl into his side. He presses his lips to mine. 

"I'm so glad you're feeling better," he says. 

"Me too," I say.