Life-Changing Moments Part 2

Sam's POV

We go out for breakfast and I stare at Colby across the breakfast table. He smiles at me from behind the camera but I know it's just for the video. I fake a smile when the camera is pointed at me. He's laughing for the video but I see his face fall slightly when he notices my fake smile. We decide to go to a castle and film some more. Great, more filming and faking that I'm happy. We get back into the car and I drive to the castle with Colby next to me in the front seat and Jake and Corey asleep in the back seat. I watch the road, lost in thought. When we get close to the castle, Colby speaks to me for the first time since our fight.

"Sam?" Colby whispers, quiet enough for me to ignore it. But I can't.

"Yes?" I ask, keeping my eyes on the road.

He touches my hand on the wheel but I say, "There's the castle. Turn on the camera." He sighs and turns on the camera to film the castle from afar. The rest of the drive we're acting for the camera and our fight is momentarily forgotten. But as soon as the camera's off, we stand apart from each other, not speaking. Corey and Jake notice and Jake walks over to me.

"You need to talk to him," Jake says.

"Don't tell me what I need to do," I say, stalking away. Little I did know, Colby had just broken down in tears.

Colby's POV

I see Jake walk over to Sam and Corey walks towards me. Here it comes.

Corey starts to speak but my thoughts are taking over and I can't make out what he's saying. What if Sam never speaks to me again? What if I lose my best friend? I can't lose him, he's my best friend. But he won't talk to me, he just shrugs me off.

Someone starts shaking me gently.

"Colby!" Corey yells.

"Huh-h what?"

"Are you okay?" I shake my head and walk over to where Sam is talking to the owner. I turn on the camera and my camera personality takes over. Sam goes inside with the owner as we watch. We get the history of the castle then we head inside where we are staying. We change and the head into the castle. I stand in the entry, looking around in awe and Sam stands next to me.

"Amazing, isn't it?"

I nod but I don't look at him. He takes my hand as we stare at the inside of the castle. We head to the top of the castle and we see a woman walking.

"She's gone," I say from the balcony.

"What?" Sam joins me and I hear the fear in his voice.

"It'll be okay," I whisper. I take his hand, trying to calm him down. The others head inside and I turn to Sam. "Are you okay?"

"I'm-m sorry," he says, looking down. I pull him into my arms and hold him tightly.

"It'll be okay. I'm here," I say.

"No-o, I'm sorry for what I said and did yesterday," he says.

"I'm sorry too," I say.

"I-I love you," he says.

"I love you too," I say.

"I mean-"

I cut him off with a kiss. "I know." He falls into my arms and we kiss again.

"Really guys? In a haunted castle?" Corey says from the doorway.

We break apart, still holding each other. "It's now or never bro," Sam says, winking at me. I laugh and pull him in for a hug.