Only You

Set in Kansas, Sam and Colby are living together in the first apartment.

Colby's POV

I come in from the rain outside, dripping wet and shaking from the cold. Sam is sitting on our couch and watching a movie.

"Hey Colbs," he says.

"Hey Sammy," I say, heading to our shared room to change. As I'm changing, a loud boom sounds outside and I jump slightly. I shrug off the feeling and continue changing. I get dressed in sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I walk out of our room and head to the couch where Sam is sitting.

"Are you wearing my hoodie?"

I look down, "I guess so. Sorry."

"Don't be sorry, it's cute."

Another clap of thunder sounds outside and a flash of lighting lights the sky behind the curtain. I flinch but hope Sam doesn't notice.

"You okay?" he asks, looking at me.

"Yeah-h, I'm fine," I say.
Sam turns back to the television, but peers at me out of the corner of his eye. More thunder and lighting comes a few minutes later and I jump. Sam pauses the movie and looks at me.

"Are you scared?" he asks.

I look down and slightly nod. He turns off the movie and carries me to our room.

"Sam, what are you doing?"

"Comforting you," he says.

He places me on his bed and wraps his arms around me. I cuddle up to him and he kisses my forehead. The thunderstorm continues but I finally feel safe in his arms. I stare into his eyes and he kisses me. I pull away and say, "I've always loved you."

"I have too," he says, kissing me again. I spend the rest of the night cuddled in his arms and I eventually fall asleep, perfectly content in his arms.