WINNERS - High-school Romance

🥇 1st place winner 🥇

Yadavi:The Name Of Yearning by dwarkaratna

Title and book cover - 8/10

Blurb - 8/10

Plot - 4/5

Creativity and originality - 20/20

Character development - 18/20

Story flow - 3/5

Attention to details - 14/15

Grammar - 7/10

Overall impression - 4/5

Total score - 86/100

The title is one of the most unique ones I've ever seen. I wasn't really fond of the cover, but this doesn't mean it's not good. What matters is that you like it and that it fits the story. The colors used were nice, though.

I liked the blurb, but I think it has a little bit too many details. It might not be to the liking of all readers, though.

Your characters were very nice, and it was easy to see that they all had chemistry, but I think you can work more on them. I wasn't able to tell from the start if they developed throughout the story, and I had to read it one more time. Probably, by the end of the story, their development would be visible enough.

The grammar wasn't that bad. Sure, you have made some mistakes, and it made reading a little bit harder, but those mistakes can be easily solved with some editing as well as practice. It might hinder the story flow, but you can still understand the story all together.

As a reader, the book was not bad at all. It's something I'm not used to, that's for sure, but it's nice to read something new from time to time. Would I pick up this book randomly? Not really. It's only my preference; that doesn't mean it is bad. I know there are some people who might enjoy it

 I know there are some people who might enjoy it

🥈 2nd place winner 🥈

My Life In Pieces (Book #1) by @KatherineJones92  

Title and book cover - 7/10

Blurb - 7/10

Plot - 3/5

Creativity and originality - 18/20

Character development - 17/20

Story flow - 5/5

Attention to details - 15/15

Grammar - 10/10

Overall impression - 3/5

Total score - 85/100

I wasn't a fan of the cover at all. I think the background color doesn't match at all with the color used for the font and it makes it harder to read. The cover was simple, which was a plus, but not really something I would pick only based on the cover.

The blurb wasn't excellent either. It's too short for my taste and doesn't hook me up at all.

It was a decent book for a high-school romance. It is definitely not something I would choose to read, but the characters were built well, and they are complex, even if I just couldn't put myself in their shoes.

It doesn't lack originality, and you can see the author's contribution to the subgenre, but it didn't really convince me. There were no plot-holes, and the story flew perfectly. No mistakes were spotted either, which helped with the story flow.

The author doesn't use very advanced English so it can be suitable for some people who are not native English speakers.

As a reader, would I pick this up again? No. It's not a theme I enjoy and it would be a living hell for me to read something I don't like.

With that being said, please keep in mind that this is only my opinion, and it should not influence the reader to not give it a try or the author to stop writing.