WINNERS - Mystery/ Thriller/Horror/Psychological Thriller/Crime Romance

🥇 1st place winner 🥇

 Always Faithful by MDjarin17

Title & Book cover - 10/10

Blurb - 10/10

Plot - 5/5

Creativity & Originality - 20/20

Character Development - 20/20

Story Flow - 5/5

Research & Attention to details - 15/15

Grammar & Punctuation - 10/10

Overall impression - 5/5

Total score - 100/100

I was drawn to this book ever since I read it for the mini-awards. It is a fantastic book that should not be missed. The title is catchy and, although it does not seem like it would have anything to do with the text, you will soon realize that it makes a lot of sense when you learn about the characters' backgrounds. I also liked how you kept it simple—sure, you could have gone for the latin phrase to grab readers' attention even faster, but not many people are interested in or know a lot of lingo. The title is memorable and powerful, and it hooks you in.

Moving on to the cover, it is decent and includes the protagonist's name as well. This little detail compensates for the simplicity of the cover image. The tile and name are easily visible, so the reader knows where to return if interested in the story on the long run.

The blurb was also excellent, providing the reader with just the right amount of information to pique his or her interest. I was a little unsure about this because there are some elements that could enhance the blurb a little bit, but they aren't necessary.

This is just some advice; you do not have to listen to me if you disagree. I believe you can make the situation more clear if you replace "who was placed on the" with "on the waiting list for a".

You could also remove the phrase "after being wounded in the same accident that killed Lyla" and replace it with "after being wounded in the same accident."

The plot was fantastic, and there are not any aspects that I would change. Even from the start, we have a story full of emotions, as the story begins with a sad tone. Every emotion experienced by the characters is also felt by the reader.

The songs chosen for the book were excellent, and I appreciated that you included lyrics, but it felt like it was disrupting the narrative. At least in the second chapter. It is not necessarily a bad thing.

Aside from Chapter 3, which was excellent and won the mini-awards, my favorite second chapter is Chapter 5. I absolutely love the tone you used in writing this chapter. Is both tense and ominous. It may be a little short, but it is not the end of the world. Furthermore, the way you wrote the chapter leads one to believe that there will be numerous conflicts.

The story sometimes lingers too long on certain scenes, such as the funeral, but I believe this is a subjective aspect. I only found minor grammar and punctuation errors, such as forgetting to place punctuation marks inside quotation marks. Again, this is not a major mistake because it is easily overlooked; I do it as well. It is simply an observation.

As a reader, I enjoyed the story, and I'm waiting for the next parts.