8

"You ... are definitely not what I expected out of a dragon." Naruto's voice was quite clear in the small forest clearing. The crisp, night time air blew softly against the blonde-haired boy's form. He was standing completely upright as he faced his future opponent.

"I could say the same about you." Ophis frostily said while staring at the shinobi. A mere 10 meters separated the duo as they stood in the same clearing that the brutal slaughtering of the deer had taken place, a fact that Naruto was slowly becoming aware of. Evidence of the killing could be seen in the random splotches of blood and flesh that were splattered on the tree trunks and the ground.

"So you are indeed the "Infinite dragon God". Nice to finally meet ya!" The chippy tone in the teen's voice threw Ophis for a slight loop. Wasn't this the same boy who had been running from her for the past several days? Why did he sound so happy?

"..Nice to meet you as well.." The young girl said hesitantly. Naruto nodded at the greeting before taking a look around the clearing. His eyes immediately locked on to the blood splatters that could be seen clearly in the night.

"So, you mind telling me what happened here? Seemed like someone made quite a mess." Naruto said while placing both his hands behind his neck. Ophis stared strangely at the boy for a mere second before indulging in his request.

"I merely got rid of an annoyance. However, I grow tired of this banter. I came here with a purpose and that purpose does not include this mindless talking." Ophis voice was frost-like in tone as she stared down the boy in front of her. His lackadaisical demeanor did not shift in slightest by the harsh tone used by the dragon. If anything, the shinobi seemed to be amused by the girl's tone.

"Oh, is that true? Well why don't you tell me what this purpose of yours is." The light-hearted tone used by the boy lit a tiny spark of irritation inside Ophis' mind. He still wasn't taking her seriously.

"My home has been invaded by a pest going by the name of the Great Red. I require your assistance in driving this beast from the dimensional gap. In return for your services, I will reward with a great power that will allow you to rival a god." Ophis finished off by flaring a bit of her power.

Naruto stared silently at the girl for several seconds before unfolding his hands from behind his head. The boy's smile grew softer as his eyes locked with Ophis'.

"Nah, I'll pass." The casual tone and smile that the boy had had honestly made Ophis doubt he heard him correctly. She honestly hadn't expected for the boy to be denied.

"I warn you, if you refuse I will have to kill you. So I ask once again, will you join me in my conquest to banish Great Red from the dimensional Gap? "

"My answer is still nope." Anger at the denial began to slowly boil inside the dragon as she looked on the lax blonde. Tiny wisps of her power began to flow around her form as her self-control began to wane.

"Very well. If that's the decision you have made, so be it." Ophis casually raised her arm as a dark ball of energy formed in her hand. Naruto had no time to even examine the foreign energy before a small snake exited the ball and came shooting towards the blonde. The speed at which the snake was travelling at was enough to even surprise the blonde-haired shinobi. Fortunately for his health, he managed to quickly get over his astonishment and dodged the agile reptile by side-stepping the attack.

Unseen by the blonde, the snake quickly turned towards the blonde's back in mid-air once the blonde dodged its initial assault. The creature released a sort of strangled hiss from its mouth before flying at Naruto's neck and sinking it's teeth into it.

Ophis watched in a mixture of boredom and slight disappointment as the blonde began to writhe and scream in pain. The boy's skin began to crack and rip apart as his body failed to contain the almost limitless power of the infinite dragon god. The blonde attempted to rip and tear as his skin as more and more the power poured into its body.