31

Naruto was never really much of an early riser. His training had demanded him to be one, but even years of conditioning couldn't get rid of his hate for the early hours of the day. The erratic chirping of the birds and the seemingly burning intensity of the sun made him ponder why exactly anyone deemed it a good idea to actually wake up early. Even when he went out on his purification runs, he would have to go through a large amount of mental prep and coaxing just to get out of bed.

That was why Naruto had groaned as a knock echoed through his home. He felt something shift beneath his arm, causing him to smile as his mind momentarily left the knock at his front door. Almost instinctively, his arms tightened around the object as he brought it closer to his chest. The object reciprocated the hold as it snuggled deep into his body.

The endearing moment came to a close as another knock, this one much louder, reached their ears. This time, both occupants of the bed let loose groans as they reluctantly opened their eyes.

"They won't leave unless you answer..." Koneko's voice came out in a sleepy haze as she hid her head from the sun beneath the covers and Naruto's chest. The blond sighed, knowing that his girlfriend was correct, before summoning a clone at their bedside. The clone immediately headed out the room, assumingly to go answer the door.

"There." Naruto huffed out before wrapping his free arm around Koneko. The smile on the Nekoshou's face made it quite clear she enjoyed the contact. The aura of warmth and comfort Naruto usually radiated seemed to increase tenfold whenever she was in bed with him. Their proximity in bed left her almost drowning in it, filling her with a sense of satisfaction that no one or nothing else could bring.

Naruto couldn't help but wonder to himself just how he ended up in such an amazing situation as Koneko unconsciously purr beneath his touch. As her chest rose and fell beneath him, he smiled. Just the sound and feel of her breathing had elicited such a positive response from him. He couldn't imagine anything that could ruin the moment.

"Boss," And just like that, he had been proved wrong yet again. Naruto brought his head up and aimed a glare that screamed 'Why the hell are you bothering me' at the innocent clone. The copy rolled his eyes at his creator's pissy attitude as he leaned casually against the doorway.

"Michael called a meeting among the factions. He said it's absolutely important that you attend." The clone watched as his creator flopped his head back down onto the bed with a loud sigh. After smirking at the overblown reaction, it disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving the two lovers alone once more.

"Should I go?" Naruto questioned out loud. If the blond was being honest with himself, he was really just looking for an excuse not to attend the meeting. A no from Koneko would've been good enough for him.

"Yes. Could be important." Naruto sighed again at her answer. That hadn't been the answer he was hoping for. He would've been content with staying in bed, holding Koneko like she was an oversized teddy bear while they both slept. But instead, he now had to get dressed and go meet with a bunch of old guys.

"But, before you go." Naruto was momentarily brought out of his depressed mood when he felt Koneko shift herself so her ass was directly over his lap. The thin pair of boxers that hid his private parts from the world did little to halt the sensation of the Nekoshou rubbing her scantily clad ass against his crotch. Against his will, but no against his wanting, his lower body responded in turn as he met eyes with her. The small smirk on her face made her intentions very clear as Naruto felt her slowly begin to guide his hands down her body.

"Let's make them wait a little."

"Took you long enough." Azazel commented as Naruto sauntered into the room. The blond look like he had quite literally just climbed out of bed. His hair was even more wild than usual, his clothes were wrinkled and the yawn he had released at the fallen angel's words managed to fill the entire room with its sound.