CHAPTER SIX

Page count: 13

Sirius' Apartment - Sunday 8th November 1981

Hermione, James -who was carrying a sleeping Harry- Remus and Sirius floo'd into the apartment one by one.

Unfortunately, they arrived at what looked to have been a bomb site, it having been trashed with furniture being overturned, items on the ground and nothing in their right places after the Aurors had finished searching the apartment when Sirius had been arrested.

"Fix it later," Sirius shrugged. "There's four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and living room. I'll show you to your room," he said and they all separated, going off to their own rooms whilst Hermione followed after him.

He led Hermione down a corridor and to the room at the end, opening the door and stepping in after him with her eyes surveying her surroundings. The walls were white and the flooring black laminate, the queen-sized bed pressed up against the back wall with black and white bedding, and the window was covered by black curtains. Sat in the room was a white chest of drawers, a bedside table and a wardrobe with a full-length mirror on the back of the door.

"Do you need anything?"

"My whole life's in this bag, so I'm fine, thank you," she responded.

He frowned at that but shook his head. "Do you want anything to eat? I haven't got anything in but I easily head out and pick something up."

"I'm good, thank you; my body needs rest more than it does food. You can last longer without food than you can without sleep," she informed him.

"You're joking, right?" He said with a raised eyebrow

"No, I'm not. Thank you for letting me stay here; I'll be out of your way as soon as I can."

Sirius scoffed. "Don't be ridiculous, after everything I've heard and seen today, you're a Marauder and that makes you family, family sticks together. Besides, if Harry's here you need to be, too. Night," he said, walking out of the room and closing the door behind him.

Hermione sighed and quickly went about removing clothing from her bag and separating the clean from the dirty before she some pyjamas and wash things and slipped out of her room in search of a bathroom. She couldn't remember the last time she'd had an actual shower and thought one would be good for her. When she found the bathroom, she showered and washed her hair and just stood under the spray of the hot water, allowing it to wash away the horrors of her past. When she was thoroughly clean she shut off the water and dried herself, slipping on an old Quidditch jersey of Harry's and a pair of sleep shorts and she fell into the comfortable bed, sleep claiming immediately.

~000~000~000~

Sirius' Apartment - Monday 9th November 1981

Sirius, Remus and James were all woken by a blood-curdling scream, something very similar to the screams they'd heard from Hermione's memories.

They all darted from their beds, rushed down the hallway and stopped in front of Hermione's room. They looked to each other before opening the door and stepping inside. The slowly rising sun allowed them to see Hermione screaming hysterically and thrashing around on the bed which was covered with blood. They all jumped forward, James reaching out to shake her shoulders in an effort to wake her.

"Hermione!" James yelled and she shot up, her breathing erratic and tears flowing down her face.

"Who's been attacked? Who did it? Where am I needed?" She asked quickly with her wand gripped in her hand. They blinked in surprise; they hadn't even seen her reach for it.

"No one's hurt, you were having a nightmare" Remus explained.

"What happened?" James asked her softly.