CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Page count: 12

The Burrow - Sunday 31st January 1982

The Marauders had floo'd over to the Burrow. They hadn't had any contact with any member of the Weasley clan since the day they had quit the Order, at risk of being caught by Dumbledore or putting them in danger, but they'd gotten good at avoiding his followers and it always helped to have people on the inside to aid in covering their tracks.

It was Sunday and that day meant eating Molly Weasley's wonderful food, playing games in the living room and being cold in the slowly melting snow. When they stepped out of the floo, Molly had pulled Hermione into a tight hug before she'd even had the chance to breathe.

"I don't believe a word he said," she assured Hermione as she hugged her tightly, knocking the breath out of her. "You would never betray them, you would never betray us. I know that, I can't believe he would say such things."

"Can't breathe," Hermione gasped out.

"Oh, sorry, Dear," she said sheepishly, drawing back from her as the others in the room laughed.

"Thank you, Molly," she smiled.

They greeted the rest of the Weasley clan with Hermione giving Bill his usual kiss to the cheek, Charlie another book on dragons, the twins a promise of fireworks later, talking to Percy about his books and Eugene the rat, having a staring competition with Ron and Harry and fussing over baby Ginny.

But today wasn't any ordinary family dinner; today would be a meeting for the White Lions and they'd convinced the Malfoys to attend along with Kingsley, but Fabian and Gideon had to work a later shift under Moody's orders.

The kitchen table was enlarged and more seats were conjured with the table already being set, waiting for the arrival of their remaining guests. Kingsley comfortably floo'd into the Burrow but Hermione had to greet the Malfoys outside the wards, Draco practically leaping from his father's arms and into hers.

"Hello, Draco," she greeted.

"Mi-mi-mia," he beamed up at her.

"Soon, you'll be able to say my name without struggle," she promised, shifting him in her arms as she led the way towards the Burrow but there was a slight problem with Lucius not being able to pass through the wards, something that was easily rectified.

"Sorry about that, I forgot about the wards."

"Why wouldn't the wards let me through?" He asked curiously.

"It was the wards I set up in my other timeline, they didn't allow anyone with the dark mark to pass through."

"Are you certain we are welcome?" Narcissa asked.

"Yes, the others haven't yet been told why Lucius was released but they know that I have something to do with it. They trust my judgement. I'm sure things will be a little...Tense in the beginning but it should settle once they know the truth. Kingsley has already arrived..."

"Shacklebolt? He's one of yours?" Lucius interrupted, arching a blonde eyebrow.

"He is, it's why he didn't argue when we told him you were innocent, he's one of the members we have that is keeping tabs on Dumbledore. We also have another ten members who are not able to make the meeting this evening due to Moody having them on a tight leash, but they've been doing well in covering our tracks."

"How many Aurors do you have working for you?" Lucius asked intrigued.

"Let's get something straight, they do not work for me, they work with me. Everything they do is their own choice and I will never make anyone do anything they don't want to, especially if I wouldn't do it myself. I am not a dictator. Everyone has their separate missions but we work together. Understood?" Their lips quirked and they nodded. "As for Aurors, we have Kingsley, Fabian and Gideon Prewett and eight Junior Aurors, and if you count Sirius due him being an ex-Auror, that brings us up to twelve. It's nowhere near as many as Dumbledore but that's because he's got Moody in his back pocket."