CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Page count: 9

Potter Manor - Tuesday 6th April 1982

Hermione had woken from her magical exhaustion earlier that day and she'd attended dinner, spent some time with everyone and now she'd just stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around herself as she headed into her bedroom, startling at the sight of Sirius sitting on the bed and waiting for her, dressed in only pyjama bottoms.

"Bloody hell, Sirius, you scared the hell out of me!" She snapped, glaring at him as she tried to slow her heart rate.

His mouth tugged into a smirk, his eyes travelling her towel-clad as she huffed and crossed over to her vanity table, taking a seat. With a flick of her wand, she dried her hair and she reached for her hairbrush.

"Why did you take that stone from the ring before you destroyed it?"

Hermione froze. "You saw that?"

"I did," he nodded, "So, why did you take it?" He asked and she sighed, putting down her hairbrush and twisting to face him. "You're keeping something from us, I know you are."

"Only because I haven't completely figured it out yet, but I think I'm right."

"About?"

"I don't want to tell you yet, not until I have what I need and my suspicions are confirmed."

"Mia..."

"Sirius, please..." She interrupted. "I'll tell you when the time is right. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, least of all my own."

"Fine," he conceded. "What're we gonna do about Dumbledore? It's been weeks since your attack."

"We're not going to do anything."

"What?" A growl wrapped around the word, his eyes flashing with fury.

"We're not going to do anything," she repeated.

"But..."

"No, Sirius," she said firmly. "Dumbledore will get what's coming to him but I still need him. He has something that I need, something that'll help destroy Voldemort and I can't get it yet, but I'll figure out a plan soon enough."

"You're not going to tell me?" He pouted.

"No,"

"There's something else we need to talk about, we never got 'round to it. Kreacher calling you a Half-blood?"

"I'll admit, that confused me as well and it's not the first time someone's said that to me, Fenrir Greyback mentioned it as well when we were taken to Malfoy Manor. I think it might be to do with the Binding Spell."

"To Harry? How would that affect your status?"

"The spell bound us together as siblings but biologically that's not possible; we can't share blood or DNA, and we can't share a magical signature or change the familial magical signature, but we are able to use each other's wand. So, it changed my magical status from Muggleborn to Half-blood, that's the only reasoning I can see."

He nodded slowly, his eyes travelling her form once more, starting at her dainty feet and moving up to her smooth legs, over her shoulders and neck before locking his lustful gaze with hers, seeing her eyes widen in surprise.

He stood from the bed and stalked towards her, she stood instinctively and stepped around him, taking a deep breath under his heated gaze. When he stepped forward, she stepped back until her legs hit the bed and she fell, landing on it. Sirius smirked as he approached and she shuffled backwards on the bed as Sirius climbed on and before she could so much as blink, Sirius had pounced, sending her flying onto her back as his mouth crashed against hers. They kissed passionately and they both knew this was it, there was no going back like the other times Hermione had pulled away from him.