CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Page count: 9

Potter Manor - Sunday 28th March 1982

"Can we talk to you?" Hermione asked Sirius as they were about to leave the dining table after finishing up with breakfast. He arched a questioning eyebrow at her unusual behaviour of fiddling with her hands and Remus took Harry to get dressed as they made their way to their favourite living room.

"What did you need to talk about?" He asked, taking a seat whilst Hermione and James sat on the couch opposite him.

"Well," Hermione started, cleared her throat nervously but then she paused, unsure of what to say next.

Sirius' mouth twitched into a knowing smirk. "You had sex last night," he stated. She choked on a lungful of air and James shot Sirius an annoyed look as he patted her back.

"What?" She gasped out.

"You had sex last night," he repeated, his eyes darting between them, finding her reaction amusing.

"How?" She spluttered.

"Really? One, I heard you in his room before a Silencing Charm was suddenly put up. Two, I didn't hear you leave his room last night. Three, you left his room this morning. Four, you two have been acting differently, I noticed it at breakfast. And finally, you smell like sex and I can smell him all of over you and you over him," he shrugged, leaning back into the couch and resting his arms over the back of it.

Hermione fidgeted in her seat and bit her lip nervously. "Are you mad?" She asked, her gaze lowering to the ground only for it to dart back to him when he snorted.

"Don't be daft; of course, I'm not mad. He's your boyfriend."

"You're my boyfriend, too," she argued.

"And that's why I'm not mad. This is a triad relationship, Mia, things work differently to how they would in a normal relationship. I'm actually a little surprised," he admitted.

"Why?"

"Prongs had sex with you before I did, and it took him seven years to get a date with a girl."

"Shut up," James grumbled, sitting back into the couch cushion, folding his arms over his chest and pouting.

"And it was amazing sex," Hermione glared at Sirius, patting James on the leg.

"Really? Amazing?" Sirius asked, sitting forward to give her his full attention, almost sniggering at James' smug expression. "Do tell."

"No," Hermione replied flatly before she stood and left the room.

"Amazing?"

"Amazing," James confirmed with a grin.

"I'll have to step up my game," his brow furrowed.

"Yeah, you've no idea what you're missing," nodded James.

~000~000~000~

Potter Manor - Wednesday 31st March 1982

It was two days before Hermione would be leaving the manor in search for the Gaunt ring and she'd every day since Sunday in her library going over spells, notes and finalising plans. She hadn't spent as much time as she would've liked to with James but she knew he understood and they definitely hadn't had sex again as she barely took time away to eat let alone do anything else.

After spending some time browsing through the Potter library, she was slowly making her way through the manor and back to her bedroom, as she passed Sirius' room, a hand darted our and snagged her wrist, tugging her through the door and into a chest as the door closed behind her. Her laughter was muffled by his chest; this was the tenth time he'd cornered her in a room and each time she left spluttering, annoyed and frustrated.