3 ➪ Love, Clive

•Phoenix•

2/4/1868
Charlotte my love,
The love I hold for you within my heart is too much to bare. I cannot do it any longer. From the moment I laid eyes on you, I have been infatuated by everything you do. I yearn for your love. Do you yearn for mine?
Love, Clive

__________________

Love. Love, Love, Love, Love, Love.

Never heard of it.

I have never believed in love and I never will. I do not know how I came to be. My Father was an arrogant man who loved nothing but his reputation. He was the head of an organisation affiliated with the Italian Mafia.

Though my Father made it very clear that he was not in the Mafia, I believe that if he had lived for a few more years, naturally, the organisation would have become one.

My Mother is alive. She is alive but I lost her to alcohol and drugs before I got to know her. Before I could even identify her as my Mother.

My parents were never in love. My Mother got extremely drunk one night and decided to fuck around with my Father.

She was left with a baby. According to my Father, she tried to get rid of me countless times. Drinking Alcohol, smoking weed, everything.

As soon as she realised there was not going back, she decided she would try to raise me.

She lasted 7 fucking months.

Now, I am here. Continuing the life my Father had stolen from him. Finishing off the battle he can no longer fight in. Restoring his dignity and building mine.

I have taken many lives. Some I intended, some I did not. But I have never regretted my actions. Any of them. I am at the top of the food chain, and for one to be known to be at the top, there must be people below.

Those who are below are my prey. They have fallen victim to my mischief and have unfortunately been made to pay.

Some worse than others.

Nonetheless, I have never been afraid to take a life. Especially for people who count on me to do it for them. In honour of them.

__________________

"Anything else boss?" Victor pushes up his glasses to hide the fact that he rolled his eyes at my last request.

He speaks with an apathetic tone and that alone makes me want to throw a lamp at his head.

I play with the pen sat neatly on my desk before drawing random stars and circles on a piece of paper.

"Find me any information on Marcello D'Angelo Forest's relatives." I speak his name as though it is a disease. It should be.

Victor lets out an indifferent sigh, "He has no relatives. He and his wife divorced in-"

I cut him off, "Do you need me to repeat myself Stone?" Victor tenses at my use of his last name. He shakes his head and exits my office.