18 ➪ Love, Romeo

•Camilla•

7/7/1877
I miss you, Beautiful.
Love, Romeo

_________________

"I knew you two were fucking on the low." Melanie shoots a playful wink in my direction and I only just catch it from the corner of my eye. I roll my eyes and jokingly push her shoulder away from mine.

It has been two weeks since I started at Burner's College and I met Melanie on my second day. She sat next to me at the back of math class and I couldn't help but compliment her beautiful, voluptuous figure. She smiled at me and complimented my scent.

I told her my favourite fragrances and she told me her workout routine. Then we kind of...hit it off. Conveniently, she was a part of Aisha's close friend group so they both introduced me to the rest of the members.

And now I am here, denying the fact that me and Phoenix are fucking.

"We are not fucking." I argue. Mel throws her head back and a loud laugh erupts from the back of her throat. A few heads turn but that does not seem to faze her. She recollects herself and applies another coat of her favourite Dior lip oil.

"Baby, with everything you've just told me, you are definitely fucking." She dips the wand back into the tube to collect more lip oil before bringing the stick to my lips and applying it. "And if that was your first time with him, it was definitely not your last."

She rubs her lips together and signals for me to do the same. I mirror her actions and pucker up when she does. After a short while, we both burst out into laughter and our professor immediately scolds us.

Our laughs sober up, but we cannot subdue the lingering smiles on our faces. Melanie leans into me and quietly whispers.

"No but seriously, did you enjoy it?" My eyes find her dark ones before they fall and observe the dashing smile she offers me.

I nod. "I think I enjoyed it a little bit too much."

__________________

Mel and I aimlessly walk out of our math class, excited from all the gossip we have been engaging in. Well, rather all of the gossip Mel has told me about. She gave me insight on who was dating who, who was sleeping with who, and who was cheating on who.

Honestly, I would have never thought such a prestige College could be so...messy.

Mel and I are drawn apart by a strong force that drapes lanky arms over both of our shoulders. By force I mean Joel. His sweater-vest is still missing so that explains why he is currently in the hallways of Ignite's building.

"What's up mamas...plural." He looks in between Mel and I and flashes his pearly whites. We both avoid being hit by passing students, but it is kind of difficult seeing as someone thinks it is funny to be his usual, goofy self in the middle of a hallway he shouldn't even be in.

"Joel." Melanie starts. "Shouldn't you be somewhere with Harper? Or Cameron even?" She questions.

The group is split in half. Melanie, Aisha, and I are in Ignite Hall, while Joel, Harper, and Cameron are in Inflame Hall. However, half the time it feels like Joel is unaware of that.