37 ➪ Love, Katherine ꨄ

•Camilla•

1893
I am tired of running, my love. A life without you means a life with no purpose. If I am forced to awake day after day with the knowledge that your warmth will not be lingering to keep me company, I do not want to wake at all.
Love, Katherine

_________________

The look in Phoenix's eyes is sinister. The slightly darker ring of brown around his pools close in on his sand brown irises as lustful thoughts swarm his mind. His dark grin and his piercing gaze takes a piece of soul from me. A piece of soul that I am not certain I will ever get back.

Every reader started from somewhere. I started from young, reading about three little pigs and big bad wolves. Phoenix is the Big Bad Wolf of my story. He is the villain. The bad guy. I should run away. I should be scared for my life. But I am not.

Unlike Little Red Riding Hood, I am choosing to run right into the arms of the Big Bad Wolf. I am choosing to spend my first night of real adulthood under the spell of the Big Bad Wolf's hypnosis. I am choosing to allow the Big Bad Wolf access to the key to my heart knowing that I will only end up swimming in a sea of my own tears.

Oh, how I love being an adult.

Limbs harshly trembling, I push up onto my elbows and allow gravity have its way with my legs as they dangle from the desk. I visibly contemplate whether I am able to put pressure onto my legs just yet so closely after that world-trembling orgasm.

Phoenix's right dimple catches my eye as the moonlight casts a beautiful shimmer over the right side of his face, creating the illusion that his left side is in fact not there. Despite the dark room, I still see every tattoo incised on his heaving chest.

My salivary glands become extra generous when my eyes wander to the beast that I have been not only threatened but promised with. The thickness of his cock intimidates me as much as the pulsating veins running through it does. An odd feeling begins to swirl in my stomach and the choice of backing down and crawling into bed seems much more appetizing.

"Phoenix," I breathe, barely able to hold myself up on my elbows. The hole in his cheek only deepens and the half smile painted across his face is devastating. Phoenix draws his tongue over his bottom lip so slowly I am able to see the glistening trail his tongue leaves behind it.

"Don't make me ask again." Phoenix grins. "You're a big girl who makes big girl decisions, remember?" I am suddenly grateful for the lack of light in the room due to the fact that I can feel the red creeping up my neck. Is it funny that this big girl isn't feeling so big anymore?

I push off my elbows and slide off the oak desk with ease. I can thank my arousal for that. Phoenix's eyes do not stray from me as I turn around and fold my body over the wood I was just sat on. The juices I left behind seeps into the skin on my lower stomach and I cannot help but squirm at the extrinsic feeling.

"Mhmm. Così dannatamente bella." He murmurs deeply. The sound of his accented voice sends a thrilling rush down my spine and his phantom touch causes me to clench my thighs. Phoenix tuts in disapproval of my actions before his fingers trickle up my back and grab a hold of my hair.

He slowly pushes my hair over my shoulder and that is the only warning I get before I feel his body envelope mine in a cold embrace. My teeth begin to chitter as his hot breath hovers over my ear and I cannot tell whether it is the anticipation of him finally going to be inside me or the iciness radiating from his being.