8 ➪ Love, Hendrick

•Camilla•

20/11/1872
Francesca my dear,
Te amo, Ti amo, Je t'aime, Ek het jou lief, Ik houd van jou, Ich liebe dich, Kocham cię. I must apologise, my abilities to speak a wider variety of languages are limited. However what I am trying to say is I love you. I would say it in a hundred different languages if I could.
Love, Hendrick

__________________

There is a knock to my bathroom door before it swings open and I am greeted with the sight of Nancy, my Father's personal chef. She wears a big smile on her face and both her hands find each other as soon as her right one leaves the handle of the door.

She clears her throat before she begins to speak but I do not miss her eyebrows slightly furrow in confusion as she sees me comfortably sat on the counter.

I quickly throw one leg over the other, interlock my fingers, and press my hands together as I try my best to keep composed and avoid seeming suspicious.

"Good evening Miss Forest. What would you like for dinner?" Nancy does not step away from the door. She patiently waits for my response and I take notice of the smile lines she has as a result of her huge smiles.

Nancy is a beautiful woman. I have never asked but I assume she is in her late 30s. She wears her hair in a low bun every day but on certain occasions, she allows her tight curls fall in a low ponytail. 

Her dark eyes compliment her dark skin and I always find myself admiring her prominent cheekbones. They are the first thing I see when I look at her.

I smile at her gentle words. "No need for the formality Nancy." I hate when she calls me Miss Forest. I am just 19 years old. I'm too young to be referred to as Miss. "Thank you, but I don't feel hungry tonight. Please feel free to take the night off."

Nancy's smile falls and her fingers begin to fidget with her nails. She presents me with a face full of worry as she asks, "Are you ill?" She asks taking a step towards me.

I jump off the counter and rush towards her before she continues to move. I grab the area below her forearms and assure her I am fine. She places the back of her hand and on my forehead and then on the side of my neck.

She insists that I am running a temperature but I repeatedly guarantee my health is intact.

"I don't want your Father dissatisfied with my services, so I am trusting you Camilla." I tense at her mention of my Father. It has been weeks since I have seen him.

"Your trust is all I need."

__________________

I bid goodbye one last time before I close the door after Nancy. I let out a deep breath before turning around to see Lodovico already standing there.

I do not give him the satisfaction of seeing me flinch but I am startled by his sudden appearance. He is standing at least five feet away from me and it gives me an odd feeling. It makes me realise how often he stands insanely close to me.

I take a few steps forward. "What was hiding in my closet like?" I taunt. I could not bear the embarrassment of Nancy walking in on me with Lodovico so I carefully pushed him into my walk-in-closet.