Chapter 5

Laura's POV;

"I had to do that. Sometime. Someday."

I looked at him right in his eyes and then closed my eyes. "Ross--" I tried saying. I don't know how to explain it...

"Laura, anything you say, it will never stop me from how I feel..." He said and hold my chin, making me look up.

I shook my head, "Ross, I'm sorry. I-I don't feel the same way I did before.." I bit my lip, staring into his sad, broken eyes.

"But.. Laura... I know you still feel the same! Let me prove it to you!" He quickly said. He took hold of my hands, holding them tightly. I can't deny, I liked my hands in his.

It felt right..

"Ross, how are you gonna prove it? I told you, you can't!" I said. I wasn't trying to be harsh, just telling him the truth. I wanted to get straight to the point.

"Can we make a deal..? Please?" I stare into his eyes. And see mixed emotions. Such as hope, sadness, anxious...

And most importantly...

Love...

I hesitate for a moment before slowly nodding. His smile reached his eyes and said, "Okay, if I prove to you that you still like me, we have to be a couple. But if I can't, then maybe we weren't meant to be..."

That last part, it made me feel stressed. And the way he said it too, he didn't seem to happy about it either...

"Um.. Yea- Uh okay... But if we weren't meant to be, can we still be friends?" I asked.

He smiles and grabs my hand.

"Totally."

I smile and rest my head in his shoulder. We stayed silent for a moment. It wasn't an awkward silence.

It was nice.

He soon began to play with my hair, making me snuggle more to his chest.

"We have to go soon, it's about to rain." I said, braking the silence. Which was hard, it's like breaking ice with your own hands.

He sadly sighed, "I like our position..."

I nod, "I know but--"

I was interrupted by a few cold drops on my head. I sighed, "See? We have to go." I smile up at him and he groans.

"Fine.. Do you have an umbrella?" He asked. I giggle and shook my head, "I was gonna ask you that."

He smiles, "It's okay. Here." He gives me his thick jean jacket, which has a thin dark blue hoodie.

I shook my head, "No, no. It's yours. I can't take it."

Once I rejected, he rolled his eyes. "Don't be silly. Take it. Please, for me?"

I silently groaned and took it. I muttered a quick thank you and put it on. "It's big on me.."

"I like it.. Keep it..." He smiles reassuringly. I open my mouth to speak, "Ross--"

He puts his index finger in my lips, preventing me from talking. "Keep it, please. It looks better on you." He smirks and took hold of my hand.

I guess I have no other choice than to keep this jacket...

________________________________________________

Halo guys!

So I know most of you said that I should just enjoy my trip, and a lot of you said you like crappy chapters...

SO, I sneakily brought my iPad with me 😏

So no worries, because I found out I'm going to this trip alone, and I'm bored.... So yea...

Happy early fourth of July! 💙❤️🎊🇺🇸

One love KitKat, that is a wrap and ZOOP!

💙💛