1 . L.A

I'd packed my bags and my parents had ordered me into the car. He drove horribly slowly because they didn't want this to happen, but they were in a hurry to get me back to Los Angeles. We'd taken the first plane yesterday from New York and here I was, driving to Los Angeles to go to a boarding school thousands of miles from home. For the simple reason that my parents got their finance degree there, and for them it's really 'the best school' for me to graduate from.

They're so overloaded that they can't even find a school near us.

"you'll like it there honey, the people there are really cool." said my mom in her half-Mexican accent.

"why did you even send me so far away? New York is known for having a lot of famous schools." I said, crossing my arms.

"Because Valley UCA is one of the best boarding schools, and this way you won't be tempted to escape from school with the help of your friends, because you won't know anyone if it's just the people in the boarding school. I pray to God that your company will be better than New York," said my father.

"Amen," added my mother, and I rolled my eyes.

"Dramatic.." I said softly.

*

We'd arrived in front of the big building. It was obvious that this was one of the schools that was making a killing. Several buildings were either hanging or scattered about. A parking lot with sports cars only of expensive brands and others as simple as Mazda, but really hidden because the majority of people were armored here. My mother told me there had been scholarship holders..;

I already hate this boarding school a lot. My father redid his tie while my mother dusted off her suit pants and I went out with the help of my father, who opened the door for me. I picked up my suitcase and took a breath. A big sign in front of me with the name of the high school in big letters.

Valley ULC

"Come on, let's get moving." my mother said and as I got closer, I saw several people also getting out of their cars and groups that had already formed now staring at me.

as we entered the building, an old woman in her fifties smiled at us.

"I invite you to follow me into my office, Mrs. and Mr. Cohen, and you too, Dhalia."

We entered a classy, furnished office with trophies, medals and citations all over the place. In her office, there were photos of the children, probably.

"so, your daughter is enrolled in her final year, is that it?" asked Mrs Robin.

"That's right." dragged my father and she started writing on her computer.

"So before we give you your ID and keys to your room, we're going to come straight to the school rules. it's strictly forbidden to enter the boys' rooms, even if it happens, we'll be very serious and not indulgent about it. it's forbidden to leave your building as soon as the bell rings. you'll go back to your room at the first bell and at the second, we'll go through the rooms to see if everyone's in their room. the same goes for the alarm clock. At the morning bell, either the first at 06:40, or the second at 07:30, the beds, uniforms and room tidying must be done before joining your class. The inspection will also be carried out. It is forbidden to leave the establishment without consulting us first, and the premises must be left unguarded by 10 p.m. If one of these rules is not respected by your child, we will unfortunately be forced to expel her."

my parents, we nodded, and the white-haired girl gave me a key and my card.

"you'll share your room with a girl named Lia. your building is on the south side, building D. your day is free for today, so get your bearings, put your things away and make some friends".

"thank you." i smiled and she talked to my parents for a bit before we got up and left the room.

"ok darling, we love you very much and we'll contact you, if you need a transfer or anything send us a message. by the way." she stopped and grabbed her phone. A few seconds later, mine buzzed and I saw that she'd wired me some money. "so you can survive."

they took me in their arms before moving away.

"we love you, angel!" my father shouted as he disappeared from my sight.

I took a breath before looking ahead at the long corridor full of people.

This is going to be long.

__________________________

no billie thhhr?