3 : chocolate

the cafeteria was really disgusting. literally the worst thing i've ever eaten in my life. i got up to find a vending machine and came across one in front of me.

I approached it and took out my credit card to swipe it, but it refused to swipe it. and I don't have any stupid cash.

"what the fuck is the point of putting cards on if this shit don't work!" I yelled to myself

"we all don't know either." I heard a voice answer and saw Billie walk over to me. she pulled a bill out of her wallet.

"Keep your money, I'll just go to a bank and withdraw it." I said with a small smile, finding it really sweet of her.

she didn't even have time to answer me before she was carried off by her group of friends. i walked to the reception area where most of the students were, especially my friends.

Lia smiled when she saw me.

"The vending machine won't accept my gold card." I said whining.

"this is crap, as if anyone nowadays pays with cash? it's so old-fashioned."

"Normally I pay with my phone." I said sighing. "I'm hungry, what's with this disgusting meal?"

"They usually have something better the other days." said Leo.

I looked at Leo and Lia and noticed that Jey wasn't there and they saw and understood straight away.

"jey plays rugby he has to train on the field." I nodded and pulled out my phone to see a message from my mother.

mom 
so how's it going?

me 
no
They won't accept the card. I'm literally starving to death.

mom
I forgot how awful the cafeteria is.
despite the fact that you're going to starve, have you made any friends?

me
My roommate Lia
and these friends
Leo and jey

mom
I'm happy then!
I have to leave you I have to go
be careful and eat!

me
I would

i put my phone away and heard a clearing of the throat. i looked at lia and leo but they both motioned for me to look ahead.

i raised my face and saw billie once again standing in front of me.

"hey." I said with a smile and she handed me something.

I looked at his hand to see a cereal bar the same one that was in the vending machine I wanted to take.

"they'll never let you go take it out believe me." She said before handing it to me a little more.

I grabbed it and may have been flushed but I saw her smirk.

"Thank you." I said almost softly

"Don't thank me, it's normal." She said before catching up with her friends. i looked at leo and lia who looked at me with big eyes.

"Why is Billie Eilish giving you chocolates?" said Leo, pointing at Billie.

"I don't know, man, I was at the ATM and she offered to pay for them and refused, and her friends caught her right after. And now she's giving me these."

"Billie bought you a granola bar because she knew you were fucking hungry, that's literally sweet." said lia.

"It doesn't even mean anything, maybe she does it with everyone."

they looked at each other before looking at me.

"Not even with Brandon," said Leo.

me 1-0 brandon