4 : room

it was already evening and the day was already pretty long. i'd decided not to go to the cafeteria and i'd ordered with lia and eaten our food in the room. Leo and jey joined us on the sly and after that we just went back to our respective rooms to wait for the night supervisors to pass and sneak into a boy's room to spend the night with everyone else.

"Los Angeles burritos are so much better than New York." I said, not even realizing I'd said that.

"Burritos really are the best thing in the world," nodded Leo.

I started eating again, listening to jey talk about his game. my mom should have put me here from the start, this school is legendary.

the bell rang and leo and jey grumbled as they finished their burritos.

"we're going out the window, see you later girls", said jey, giving us a high five.

"See you later my beautiful girls." continued leo spanking kisses flying in the air that we pretended to catch.

i laughed as the two of them climbed out the window. we tidied up the mess and got under our sheets, waiting for the matron to come in.

a few seconds later she knocked. she opened the door and shouted our door number like a soldier.

"room 45 correct! lock the door girls good night." She smiled. we wished her a good night and she closed the door.

"OK, we'll wait at least a few minutes and then we'll leave."

*

We'd walked down the corridor to the room of a boy called Thomas, and from what I understood, Leo had a big crush on him.

"I didn't say that, just that he's a good-looking boy." leo forbade.

we entered the room after knocking three times and they smiled at us. jey greeted everyone and the only look i noticed was billie's. i smiled at her and she smiled back before looking at brandon. damn brandon can he go back to his dorm?

We sat down on the cushions on the floor and were offered alcohol, which I politely declined.

"Don't you drink?" Thomas asked, "I respect that."

"No, it's just that I don't want to drink." I said, flashing him a smile.

"You have a nice smile." he said and I hiccupped in surprise.

"ho well thanks." I smiled again.

I looked at leo who nodded that it was okay because it was really his crush. and the evening began. they talked and often it was to get to know me because i was the only new girl to join their group.

"are you on scholarship?" Asked one of the guys in the circle

"no." I said and they grinned.

"Where are you from?" he asked again.

"New York. Manhattan." I answered and some of them hissed.

"I'm sure she's even richer than all of us put together." he raved.

I looked at Billie and really wanted to get to know her.

"And you?" They all said one by one until they came to Billie.

"Here in California."

"Billie's a singer. she's famous." one of them said and I was surprised.

"oh, that's cool. never heard your name before."

"today you do." She smiled at me and I smiled back.

We started talking again and I didn't like the stories anymore, so I wandered off, saying I was going to get some fresh air in the corridors.