8 : roam

We were playing handball and I decided to sit on the bench like the many other people who were too lazy to play.

Watching Billie throw the ball at people in my class and then insult them was really funny.

she'd throw the ball, and when one of them got tired of it, she'd say he was lame and weak, which isn't usually nice or funny, but this was.

I mean, nobody was going to say anything anyway, even the teacher ended up being discouraged from saying anything, leaving the distress of the other players to God.

"hm hm?" a murmur near me. i looked over to see thomas at a distance from me that wasn't even respected.

"oh, it's you. how are you?" I gave a fake smile.

he smiled at me.

"Yes, I'm fine. I wanted to ask you if you-"

"man! you can't stay here, louis broke his nose, billie threw the ball too hard you have to play, get up." say a boy

i looked at louis in tears holding his nose and billie yelling at him.

"Dude, I didn't even hit him hard! You weak little man, get him the fuck off my team!" 

I laughed and stood up before looking at Thomas.

"sorry, can we talk later?"

he smiled.

"yesass it can wait." he smiled.

I got up to go to Billie's team and she looked at me.

"I hope you know how to play. I won't hesitate to send you to support Louis in the infirmary." she warned me 

I fucking hope I can play.

"Why do you think I wouldn't be on the field if I knew how to play." I said it ironically 

but she took it as a danger

"listen you'd better pray to god or buddha or whoever you want to know how to play. otherwise you'll be roommates in the hospital with louis"

I don't know what Louis did to her, but it seems very personal.

the whistle blew and i met lia who came towards me.

"Billie scares me, so I let her win." she said and I laughed. "She wanted you on her team, she kicked Louis off on purpose, I'm pretty sure she aimed on purpose."

I was confused for a moment.

"Why would Billie send him away so I could go home?" I asked.

"I don't know, she wanted louis gone. maybe she hates him."

I didn't even have time to speak when Billie was already shouting at us.

"Holy shit, we're not at Starbucks here get your fucking asses up and move, towards their goal!!!"

we immediately listened.

*

I'd taken a shower and laid down on my bed, but I really couldn't get to sleep. It was one o'clock in the morning, Billie wasn't even here yet and even if she was, I'd be bored to death because she's not exactly courteous to me anyway.

i'd decided to roam the halls myself so, i'd grabbed a sweater and slipped on my sneakers. i grabbed my badge and headed out. i made my way down the halls. i went all the way around and even ventured into the classrooms that were open and i reached a noisy room, looked over to see some people in it, two guys. they were laughing about something and they met my eyes.