We are Family

Anakin was troubled by Stark's vision that he told himself and Dr. Banner. He didn't think it was a good idea to create an automated peace keeping program called Ultron using the Scepter he found. As much as he agreed with Stark's idea in utilizing more powerful technology to defeat Dooku and the Seperatist, Anakin thought it was still too risky. They barely understood the power of Loki's scepter and the stone housed within it. After much analysis it's powers where still unclear but it was adapting and learning. In a manner that was more advanced than his droid R2D2.

Anakin also didn't like the fact Tony kept this from the rest of the team. Then again Anakin didn't have the moral high ground to criticize Tony. He and Natasha concealed the fact that Loki was murdered after he surrendered. In addition to this he and Padme had been trying to conceal their marriage from others. Despite their efforts Anakin could tell some people like Natasha and Obi Wan were suspicious about him and Padme. Thinking about Padme made Anakin more stressed.

It didn't help that Padme was unavailable to celebrate the Avengers victory party. Usually when something was troubling Anakin and it played over and over again in his mind, Anakin would confide in his wife Padme. She was so understanding and such a great listener that it helped him carry the burdens that came with being an Avenger and Jedi General in the Clone Wars. Yet Padme wasn't here and neither was his Padawan Ahsoka or Clone Trooper Captain Rex who were on a critical and classified secret mission with Phil Coulson and his team of Shield Agents.

Tony playfully punched Anakin in the shoulder and told him to have a drink and relax. Have fun and don't be as serious as your partner Obi Wan he added. Anakin sighed and said fine taking a drink and starting to relax. Natasha put him at ease by making a few sly jokes and Clint asked him about his lightsaber. The music that was playing put Anakin at ease as he watched R2 spin in intricate circles for an amused crowd of party goers.

"So I took the tank and placed it at the General's feet and said boom...you looking for this." Rhodey also known as War Machine joked

Anakin shook off his thoughts and saw that Thor and Tony didn't laugh at Rhodey's joke. Anakin was struggling to understand the punchline but then realized he didn't hear the whole story.

"I don't know why I even bother with you guys. Everywhere else that story kills. People are dying from laughter." Rhodey complained

"That's the whole story?" Thor asked unimpressed

"It's a War Machine story. I saved an entire city in China that was going to be taken over by droids." Rhodey added

Tony drank from his glass uncomfortable and awkward for his friend Rhodey while Thor and Anakin gave insincere laughter to make Rhodey feel better. Rhodey shook his head.

"So Pepper couldn't make it Tony?" Rhodey asked changing the subject

"What about Jane and Padme? Those two are so close it's like their sisters. This party isn't the same without the ladies, gentlemen." Maria Hill asked

Hill used to be a Commander within Shield but after it's downfall a few months ago was hired by Stark's company Stark Industries to run its private security division. She was responsible for coordinating Stark Industries resources to protect United Republic Senators and detachments of Clone Battalions assigned to protect these politicians.

"Well Ms. Potts has a company to run." Tony replied

"To be honest I don't know what country Jane is in. Her work on the Convergence that occured a few months ago has made her the foremost astronomer in the world." Thor boasted

"Padme just negotiated legislation that will redistribute funds that was originally slated for an increase of Clone production on Fiji/Kamino to building hospitals and to set up emergency treatment centers in regions devastated by the Clone Wars." Anakin bragged

Maria Hill raised an eyebrow and Anakin hastily added, "I felt Padme's accomplishments should be praised alongside Pepper and Jane."

"Don't let Thor off the hook kid. Pepper runs the largest tech company in the world. It's bigger than the Techno Union Van Halen." Stark said teasing Thor's long blond hair

Thor glared at Stark then turned to Anakin saying, "Padme is helping to ensure peace on this planet. Padme's so gracious that she wouldn't brag about her extraordinary accomplishments in the United Republic as a Senator but instead praise Jane for being considered for a noble prize."

"Yeah well humility isn't much unless you have confidence in your leadership skills. Padme as the Senator for an entire nation would understand what it takes to lead when she sees how well Pepper has guided Stark Industries to being the best tech company in the world. Right kid?" Tony said playfully hitting Anakin with his elbow

"Uh...yeah." Anakin said blankly taking another drink

"Jane, Padme and Pepper must be busy because they'd hate seeing you guys get together," Maria Hill said then added while fake coughing, "Testosterone."

Rhodey offered to get Maria Hill a lozenge and they walked away.

Obi Wan and Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson were in deep conversation about Steve Rogers former friend Bucky Barnes who was brainwashed into becoming the Winter Soldier after being injected with a variant of the super soldier serum. After the battle on the Project Insight Helicarrier Winter Soldier disappeared but not before saving Steve Rogers who was wounded in the battle.

"I know a Jedi Master in the Order who is skilled at undercover work and retrieval. He could help you find your friend Steve." Obi Wan offered

"How much better could he do than me? I've chased over a dozen cold leads the past year and still haven't found our guy." Sam pointed out

"Quinlan Vos is the best at finding people who don't want to be found. It's something to keep in mind if the number of cold leads you have grows." Obi Wan suggested

"I appreciate the help Obi Wan. We'll let you know if it gets to that point." Steve replied

"It looks like the party is dying down. I'll continue the search and update you tomorrow afternoon Steve." Sam said

"You sure? After party is just going to be the team? You're invited."

"I'll be fine. Not really an after-party guy." Sam replied

Obi Wan was distracted by the rest of the conversation because he noticed something was troubling Anakin. He could feel it in the Force. What are you hiding Anakin Obi Wan thought to himself.