Hungover

When I finally came to my senses I realized where I was. The ceiling light in my house. With no recollection of the previous night, I calculated the drop to the nearest couch. As I landed mostly unharmed on the couch a throbbing pain came over me. Hangovers were somehow rare considering how often I drank. Putting together a light breakfast I made myself eat for the sake of my growling stomach. I checked the time on my phone. Saturday, 1:05pm. I was just glad I didn't have school that day. I walked around my house, barely bothering to pick up the trash that was scattered around. I checked my guest rooms to see if anyone had slept over. Gosh, I wish I hadn't. Three of my rooms were being used by somewhat expected couples. Denmark was in one of the rooms sleeping with a half-naked Norway while Romano and Spain were in another room also half-naked. To my surprise, Germany and Italy were sharing a room in only their boxers. I decided to let them sleep for a while longer.

I prepared some breakfast/lunch for when the others woke up leaving a note stating as such. Putting on some casual clothing I headed out for a while. After the party last night I had to restock almost my entire fridge, and so I headed over to a cheap market looking to save a bit of cash. I bought some painkillers before doing the rest of my shopping. As I browsed the aisles I spotted a familiar figure "Haru-chan? is that you?" a slight smile came over my face "Oh, Angel-senpai" she said surprised to see me so soon "oh wow Haru-chan what a pleasant surprise! If I didn't know any better I'd say you missed me" I laughed "I'm just here for some errands senpai. You?" I looked at her basket giving her a quick response "same here" We finished our shopping together and soon parted ways again.

I headed back to my house putting away everything I had just bought. I noticed the food I left out had been gone and the dishes put away. Knowing the ones who stayed at my place they needed to go back for business or just out of pure awkwardness. Glad that I didn't have to do the dishes, for now, I relaxed on my couch trying to keep my headache from destroying me.

~the next day~

 I used most of my Sunday to catch up on the work I didn't do because of the party and the hungover day I took off. As much as I hated the homework it was better than having to work on world affairs papers. The day had been stressful, cramming a week's worth of work in one night could tire out anyone who wasn't Germany. Checking if my friends were still available I hit up Ivan and Antonio. Even if I had just recovered from a hangover I thought I could handle myself well enough to hang out for one night.

Ivan and Toni agreed to meet up at my place again to drink and talk. I had asked Spain to come over before Ivan did, needing to talk to him about some things. Once he got here things got more awkward than I thought. "Hey, Spain. Long time no see" I said awkwardly "haha yeah it's been a while" We just stood there for a while not knowing what to say or do. I managed the courage to speak up "Hey so uh you remember independence day right?" he nodded a slight frown upon his face "Well.... uh geez I... I don't know how to say this" I was stumbling over my words. When I thought I was going to mess up again Spain spoke up "Mexico. I know we didn't end on the best of terms. It's ok. Lo prometo(I promise). You'll always be my hermanito(little brother) or hermanita(little sister) whatever you want" it had taken me so many words to try and get my feelings out, yet Spain had managed to say what I wanted to so flawlessly "and you'll always be my hermano(brother)" We hugged it out. The feeling of reuniting with a sibling after a fight was relieving and I was glad we could still be on good terms.

Right as the moment vanished and the silence set in again Ivan came through my window with a huge smile on his face. Laughing hysterically at his antics we all sat down and joked for the rest of the day drinking our cares and worries away.

That was a terrible idea. I had to wake up the next day wearing a banana suit upside down on my couch with barely an hour to get ready for school. I silently cursed under my breath, getting my uniform ready I showered and prepared for the day ahead. Walking was a part of daily life. Many had mastered the art of not falling on their face. However, I was yet again hungover from a night of too many drinks. I groaned in pain as I walked to school, painkillers doing little to soothe my pain. I walked with America and Japan for more than half the way, then branched off and caught up to Haruhi. Walking side by side she and I laughed and talked "oh Angel-senpai?" I looked over at Haruhi, humming "did you remember the physical exam today?" I closed my eyes acting as if I was thinking hard on something "oh darn it Haru-chan, I forgot to study. Guess I'll just copy your answers" I snapped my fingers and gave her a sideways hug. Haruhi and I laughed some more at my joke.

Just as Haruhi had warned me about earlier there was a physical exam around mid-day. I made my way down the hallways with America and Japan, occasionally talking to Tamaki and Kyouya. Around halfway to our destination, I noticed the obnoxious blonde and the plotting stoic boy had disappeared. At the time I hadn't thought anything of it, dismissing it as just some random shenanigans. I was wrong yet again.

When I got to where the exams were taking place I did not expect Tamaki to be wearing a wig trying to pass off as Haruhi. I sighed and laughed at how dumb he was, just like a puppy. I took pleasure in slowly taking off my shirt and showing off my tan scarred skin to onlookers. Catching on to what I was doing Alfred followed suit, showing off his upper half as well. He and I shook hands and entered a flexing contest. Satisfied with the number of blushing faces we went on to get the exam over with. A while later I found Tamaki and Kyouya doing the same thing America and I had just done. I wondered where Haruhi had run off to. Deciding to meet up with her back at the host club I just waited for the day to end.