Joining the Club

Everything was normal, or at least as normal as it got around here, I'd switch between friend groups growing closer to the host club while maintaining my relationship with the other countries. A part of me didn't want to admit it but I thought that joining the host club would be a good idea. I would get to spend more time with other people and seeing how people interacted. Maybe this was a good way to learn more about Japan's culture. I had talked to Haruhi about it earlier today and she agreed that I should.

At the end of the day, I walked Haruhi over to the music room and entered the room with her. The last thing either of us expected was a random girl drooling over Kyouya when they had yet to let guests in. Tamaki had given us the rundown of the situation. This girl, Renge, had flown from France because Kyouya looked like a video game character and then claimed to be the club's manager. I had probably picked the worse day to want to join this weird club.

Not wanting to have anything to do with whatever Renge had planned I took Haruhi's hand in mine and headed towards the exit "Oh~ and who are you two?" heck. The weird otaku managed to drag me and Haruhi back into the room "I'm an Angel darling" I deadpanned "Angel-senpai be nicer" I heard Haruhi scold, our hands still intertwined. Noticing our hands Haruhi pulled away with a barely noticeable blush across her cheeks "awww my Haru-chan is the cutest" I teased. Seeing Haruhi like that... made me happy, I was sure that she and I had become best friends "don't say stuff like that senpai" I laughed her off.

Most of the afternoon was a blur. Renge hired some kind of filming crew to promote the host club, but I knew what she was actually planning. She just wanted the hosts to act out the tropes in an otome game, the very reason she had come to Ouran High in the first place. Seeing the things she made the guys do was painful and amusing at the same time. She tried to change Honey-senpai's personality and completely failed, he was too cute for his own good. Hikaru and Kourou and Tamaki looked like they were having fun so I didn't think much of it. I mostly stayed behind the camera or next to Haruhi until I heard Renge scream.

In a rush, Haruhi had already ran to her rescue. When I got there all I saw was Haruhi crying from losing a contact lens, I went towards her and helped her find it. In the end, Tamaki, Haruhi, and Kyouya lectured Renge about her actions and I stayed on the sidelines. I waited for them to finish their lecture before I went up to them again "Yo Tamaki, Kyouya! I wanna ask you guys something!" I grabbed their attention as I went towards them. I wrapped my arm around Haruhi's shoulder to keep her near for moral support "what would you say if I asked to join your gang of weirdos?" I smiled at them chuckling a bit. Tamaki gave Kyouya a glance to see what he would say "I suppose it would be lucrative to have you as a host and not some guy that sits in the corner" Kyouya pushed his glasses up after calling me out on my emo ways. I laughed and went in for a group hug "I guess you're right mom, bout time I help take care of this house" That was how I started my career as a host club member.

-Next day-

I was excited about today, I was officially going to be introduced as a host. I told this to America and Japan who were in my class and they promised to visit sometime, we laughed about it but I could have sworn I saw America blush at Japan's small laugh. I brushed off their sexual tension, joining the club was my way of telling Alfred to make his move now that they were alone. Classes went by relatively slowly, I couldn't wait for it to end. When the final bell finally rang out I told Tamaki and Kyouya to go ahead without me, I'd meet them at the music room. I walked to the exit with America and Japan then made my way back to Haruhi's classroom. Hikaru and Karou walked alongside us and we joked along the way. I got the idea to stop Haruhi by bending my knees low "Haru-chan~ let me give you a piggyback~" I almost begged her. Reluctantly she jumped on my back "Yay~! I get to carry my Haru-chan!" I laughed and ran back up to the twins "hey you two! lets race. A piggyback race!" I challenged them. Mischievously they agreed and we sped down the halls.

Once we made it I put Haruhi down and waited a few seconds for the twins to get there "haha we win" I smiled at them "yeah senpai but-""-it's because Haruhi is so light" they finished their sentences. The four of us entered the club together laughing.