The Baby Host

As the twins, Haruhi, and I walked through the door we noticed a small elementary-age-looking kid. None of us could actually make much sense of the situation but we could gather that the kid wanted Tamaki to take him under his wing. Bad idea. I could already smell the shenanigans from a mile away. As soon as I felt things would go wrong I slowly inched towards the door. Without looking away from the chaos in front of her, Haruhi gripped my wrist making me stay in the room.

With a sigh, I accepted my impending doom and went back to my place next to Haruhi. as we stood there listening to Tamaki ramble to his new apprentice I wrapped my arms around Haruhi's waist "is it ok if I cuddle you Haru-chan?" I mumbled having my face buried in her neck "o-oh, yeah sure senpai" I hummed a small 'yay' and gave her neck a small kiss "thanks Haru-chan, you're the best" I said in a low voice closing my eyes a bit, the warmth relaxing me. When I started feeling tired of standing up I picked Haruhi up bridal style and sat her on my lap after I sat myself down on a couch.

"Nee~ Haru-chan I don't wanna let go of you. Let's merge our customers I wanna keep cuddling~" I smiled up at her, hoping she'd agree to my request "I'm ok with that but we'd have to let Kyouya-senpai know" she responded looking down at me slightly "We can tell him when he comes over here. Stay with me, Haruhi" As I said that she put her hand on my head, petting me slightly. I started closing my eyes, leaning into her caring touch. I heard a small click not caring much for anything that wasn't Haruhi or her hand on my head.

By now club activities had started and we managed to let Kyouya know what we were up to. He agreed surprisingly easily to my request, probably because the girls would go crazy for this kind of thing. I tried my best to keep the conversation going with my guests but I was a bit distracted by Haruhi sitting on my lap. Sadly, she soon had to get up for more tea. Taking this as a chance to get a bit more serious I crossed my legs and put my arms back in a cool kind of pose. I started making conversation with the guest, showing off a scar or two maybe telling some fun stories. I made sure to throw in a flirt or two with a chin tilt to secure their attraction.

"You ladies are truly lovely, I'm glad I get to spend this time with you" I gave them a warm smile, showing I truly meant it "I just wish my beloved Haru-chan was here to share this precious moment" I looked down slightly feeling my face heat up for some reason. After a while, Haruhi came back without the tea and a stained blazer "H-Haru-chan? are you ok?" I looked at the guests with guilt, running over to Haruhi "I'm fine senpai. I promise" She smiled up at me trying to reassure me "be more careful with the tea Haruhi, I worry about you, you know?" my eyes glossed over as I picked her up and gave her my own uniform so she wouldn't get sick "o-oh, thanks senpai" I leaned down and kissed her forehead "You look so cute with my clothes Haru-chan!~" I carried Haruhi back to the guest, who heard and saw the whole thing "so sorry to keep you ladies waiting, I was just so worried about my beloved Haru-chan" the girls blushed covering their mouths, stars in their eyes. Maybe they were just as worried about her as me.

We managed to finish club activities without another incident. I kissed Haruhi's forehead again and told her I had to go. I went over and said my goodbyes to the other hosts as well before I took out my phone. I called up America and Japan so we could hang out at a nearby cafe. My goal was to get America to realize his true feelings for Japan and confess by Friday. After they both agreed I went over to my house and changed into some comfortable clothes. I didn't feel like dressing as a guy for this, so I just picked out a cute Mexican flag shirt and blue ripped jeans with a black stud belt. I left my (h/l) flow in the wind not wanting to brush it.

After getting ready I headed out the door and met up with the others a block away. I waved excitedly at my friends running up to hug them "good afternoon (y/n)-san" I smiled and pet Japan's hair "good afternoon, Kiku, Alfred" I high-fived America "afternoon dudette" He gave me some finger guns after our high five. The three of us talked as we made our way to the cafe "and then this little boy just comes out of nowhere wanting to be a host right? that's weird right?" I rambled to them "so totes weird dudette" Japan nodded a bit in agreement.

My eyes lit up as I saw the menu. There were plenty of sweets and they all looked so cute. I made a mental note to bring Haruhi here sometime. I ended up ordering a pudding with caramel on top(flan), Japan ordered some mochi and America just ordered a soda. We laughed for at least an hour before we decided to call it a day.

I laid my head on my pillow asking myself some questions, how would Haruhi react when she found out about my common gender switches? would she still be my friend? would she still cuddle with me? How would the other hosts react? With these thoughts shoved to the back of my mind, I went to sleep. As I woke up I did my daily routine, changing into a male, showering, brushing my teeth and hair, etc, etc. Making my way to the school I was in a daze. My daydreaming made me seem more out of touch and sad, I won't deny that, but I just wanted the day to be over by now. Getting through my classes was the hardest, not to mention I was so distracted that I didn't even say hi to Haruhi.

By now my wish had been granted and the day had ended. I started making my way to the host club almost forgetting Haruhi and the twins. Once I realized how distant I had truly been today I stopped walking. I couldn't care less if this was the middle of the hallway or if I accidentally blocked some people's paths. I had lost myself in thought again, just thinking of how selfish I had been, how worried Haruhi and the others might have been. The mental image of Haruhi with a worried look and slight tears broke my heart. Was she really just a friend to me? I worried for her like a friend. We hugged like friends. We ate as friends. I spent my time with her, like friends. If she was just a friend.... Why does it hurt so much to see her with other people? why was I so mad when she had her first kiss? this was how friends felt right?

I was, quite literally, shaken from my thoughts by none other than the girl I was just thinking of. I felt my face grow hot and a tear escaped my eyes "A-Angel-senpai! what's wrong?" She sounded so worried about me. Had she always been so kind and caring? I had never noticed how pretty her eyes were. But she's just a friend. I stayed silent as I suddenly hugged her tightly, burying my head in her neck. I cried a bit as she hugged back "stay with me" I whispered "of course" Haruhi and I stayed that way until I felt my eyes dry. Having cried all I needed I felt better, but I never wanted to let go of her. Not right now. Yet I knew we had to pull away, the other hosts were going to be waiting on us, not to mention our guests.

I sighed and pushed her away lightly. As I pushed her away I brushed some of her hair behind her ear giving her a small smile "Thank you. Haruhi" I kept my hand on her cheek, enjoying how warm she felt "For what?" I noticed her confused eyes just above her warm red cheeks "everything" I bent down and kissed her forehead like I had so many times before. But this time felt different. It didn't feel like she was just a friend to me anymore, no it felt like I wanted to be more with her "of course senpai. That's what friends are for" Her smile. Damn that smile. How could something so sweet and innocent hurt this much? Her bright smile didn't help to ease my pain, it just reminded me of something I could never have. But this was enough for me. As long as she smiled I could smile too.

Haruhi made sure my face was dry. I hadn't realized how much I enjoyed her touch before. I managed to put on my best smile, following behind Haruhi as we made our way to the club room. My gloomy mood had been broken by the small kid from yesterday who turned out to be a better host than Tamaki. He was surrounded by Tamaki's usual guests just talking about his new girlfriend. I looked over at Tamaki who had a gloomier cloud than I did, I couldn't help but laugh. It may hurt now but with friends like these, Haruhi and I would be happy. Even if we were nothing more than friends.