Jungle Vacation

It had been a few days since I realized how I truly felt about Haruhi. I tried to act the same around her, her friendship was everything to me and I didn't want to ruin what we already had. I started hanging out more with the twins, their mischief always brought a familiar sense of comfort "Next thing I know I'm in an eating contest, barbeque sauce on my shirt" I was telling the twins about a fourth of July bbq America had thrown "but then a cat comes out of nowhere and steals my burger" I remember that day I had lost the eating contest, of course America won his own competition. The twins and I shared a few laughs and shared other stories. Without knowing they helped me distract myself from my feelings for Haruhi, that is, until Kyouya spoke up.

He started telling us about his family's business and the new resort they just built. He wanted us to help test it out. Everyone else seemed so excited to go, it did seem like a fun time. I smiled sadly and agreed to go, I just hope I know what I'm getting myself into. I went home very soon after, packing some things for the trip. I packed myself a towel, some snacks, sunglasses, and some sunscreen. I noticed I only had female swimsuits, no matter how confident I was in myself I'd raise some eyebrows wearing a bikini or a ruffled one piece. Knowing I had no other choice than to buy a new suit I had to call up a friend to shop with me.

I wondered who I could go shopping with. Usually, Haruhi would be my go-to, but I'd be buying a swimsuit and things were already awkward for me. I didn't trust the other countries to buy something like this with me, it'd be either really revealing or way too ridiculous. I thought about it for a while, the countries were out of the question so that left the other hosts. There was Tamaki, his fashion sense was nice but not my style. Kyouya just didn't seem like he would know much about fashion tips. Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai, well Honey was childish and adorable it'd be a bit embarrassing, and Mori-senpai was so quiet I wouldn't know what he would think. That just left the Hitachiin twins. It made sense, their mother was a fashion icon, and their taste was also good.

I called up the twins asking if they would be ok to hang out. Kaoru was the one to pick up

"Hello?"

"Hey, Kaoru! I was just calling to see if you and Hikaru would wanna hang out with me?"

"Oh sure, like right now?" He seemed a little surprised

"Yeah, if you don't mind of course"

"sure senpai we'll be there in a bit"

"Thanks, Kaoru. See you in a bit"

I hung up the phone and got into more casual clothes. I settled for a white shirt with a black design on the front, black ripped jeans, and a red plaid jacket to go around my waist. Looking at the mirror I swept my bangs to one side, deciding a beanie and black earrings would top off the look along with some studded bracelets of course. I went downstairs to wait for the twins. My mind started wandering off to thoughts of Haruhi and the other hosts. The same things I was worried about the other day were coming back. Would they think differently of me? I had my feminine days and I had my masculine days and I never hid it before. Not wanting to think like that I looked through my cabinets, finding the glass bottle I always kept full. I didn't bother with a glass I just chugged the bitter liquid straight from the bottle. The tequila made its way down my throat, making me feel warmer.

For a moment all those thoughts escaped me and my mind was at peace. That was when I heard a knock at the door. I made my way to the door forgetting I had invited the twins "oh hey. I ... invited... you?" Was I too drunk already? I don't remember drinking this much "uh yeah. Is everything ok?" Kaoru had such a soft voice "totally. Oh yeah. I have it all together" Hikaru stared at me for a moment "you don't sound put together," I think he was right maybe I wasn't "you cut me deep Hikaru-chan. You cut deep" I opened the door completely letting them walk inside my house "Angel-senpai-" "-have you been drinking?" I wondered how they knew. Was I slurring my words? I was about to bring my hand up to my chin to make a thinking pose. Without knowing I sipped the bottle again. How had I forgotten it was there "no" why was I playing dumb?